How to import Roboform 8 logins to 1Password 6 please?

Options

Or do I have to do it manually ? :(

Comments

• Hi @ttim03,

1Password 6 or 1Password.com web app doesn't yet have support for importing RoboForm data. However, you don't have to do it manually but it does require quite a bit of an effort to make it work. 1Password 6 currently only supports importing 1PIF format but we have a community-supported 1Password utilities tool that lets you convert Roboform data to 1PIF format.

If you'd like to give it a try, you can find it here. We'll be here to help if you need it.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options

@ttim03,

There have been a number of important changes to the roboform converter in version 1.09, located in Testing Bits of the converter suite thread. Please use that version if you decide to convert. Read the first post of the thread for full instructions.

I'm happy to help you as much as you need.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear @ttim03,

Please keep us and MrC updated about how things progress on your side. If you require assistance, let us know. Thank you! :+1:

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I did it successfully but there is another problem no favorite icons in 1password 6 or 1password 4 after importing :(

Do I have to change all of these manually? I hope not. :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: I'm sorry for the confusion there! The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app does not currently have custom or Rich Icons available, as we've had to pull the feature to deal with some bugs there. But rest assured that we're working to bring this back to make all of our vaults a bit more colourful. :)

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@brenty No problem I understand but that doesn't fix the problem of 1password 4 still not having the favorite icons for websites after importing. :(

I can't decide which version of 1password I want yet either. Sorry.

Hope this is not a problem for 1password 4.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: Could you please try to go to File > Download Rich Icons in 1Password 4? Does this help? Thanks!

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg I tried that and no luck :(

It says: We have downloaded 0 icons. 1 icon could not be retrieved.

• Hi @ttim03,

Just in case, go to the View Menu, is Show Rich Icons enabled?

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT yes

• Hi @ttim03,

Try deselecting it, restart 1Password, and selecting it, that should reset it and download a fresh set.

If not, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@MikeT Ok it didn't work will email you all. Thanks.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT ok I sent the email.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate you all trying to help me with this but if I have to do it manually one by one it is ok for now. Good thing I don't have 500 logins.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

If you can't find it then it didn't send right. Gave me a weird error when sending it though I just didn't see it in time.

• Hi @ttim03,

I didn't see any emails from you, did you get any auto-reply from out BitBot? If yes, it should have a support ID # in it, can you share that with me here.

but if I have to do it manually one by one it is ok for now. Good thing I don't have 500 logins.

Are you saying if you download the icon manually for each one, it works fine?

If you can't find it then it didn't send right. Gave me a weird error when sending it though I just didn't see it in time.

We grab the core domain name of the site and ask our Rich Icon service if it has an icon for it. If not, we then visit the site to see if it has a favicon we can download. If not, then it falls back to default. There shouldn't be any errors but 1Password could be blocked by your network tools from reaching either our Rich Icon service or the sites.

Do you use a proxy, VPN or a firewall?

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I guess the email didn't go thru :( One second.

No I am saying if I add each login by signing in to each website from Roboform, 1Password pops up to add it. Then favorite icons work.

I do use a Firewall. WFC (Windows Firewall Control)

It is not made by Microsoft.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Ok I just resent the email hopefully it goes through this time.

Sorry my stupid ISP email thinks I am sending you spam with so many .txt files I had to zip them all up then send it to you.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Ok just got a email back!

"For your reference, your support ID is [#JCQ-58865-777]"

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply to your email as soon as we finish analyzing it.

ref: JCQ-58865-777

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT your welcome! Thanks for the high level of support!

I am impressed. To bad there is no live chat :( Roboform at least use to have live chat. You can call them too.

No disrespect to 1password.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03:

I am sorry it hasn't been an easy issue to resolve but we will continue working with you until we discover the cause. We will take a closer look at the report and get back to you as soon as possible via email. Thank you! :chuffed:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.