Planing to upgrade to Win10 and may reformat, should I wait to buy 1Password or.....

Options

Planing to upgrade to Windows 10, should I wait until I do this in the next few months or isn't there anything special about installing it now and then reformatting etc. I don't want to do a bunch of complicated things just so I can have it a little sooner. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @RAClose,

Thanks for writing in.

We have a guide on how you can move your 1Password data to a new computer or same computer but after a format, so you can see how much work it will require: https://support.1password.com/new-device/

It does depend on which type of 1Password product you get. If you sign up for 1Password.com, we take care of all of the data management for you, so you just have to sign in to your 1Password.com account and your 1Password data will be ready automatically for you to use. There is no messing around with files or settings. In addition, you can even access your data on 1Password.com web site as well as any 1Password apps that we offer, it's all included in your 1Password.com subscription.

For just the Windows version of 1Password only without any cloud syncing, you would need to back up your 1Password data folder and restore it to the same directory after you format the drive, which means you'll need a backup drive to store it on.

• RAClose
    RAClose
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thanks MikeT for your speedy and informative reply. One last question please, There are five in our family, I use Windows and android, the daughters/wife use IOS, I'm kind of confused as to pricing, would the family membership take care of 5 computers and phones, actually 6 computers and a Apple watch, and if so what is the yearly/monthly total charge for what we need. My wife demands simpliciy so if there are other options I'm getting them. Thanks for the GREAT customer service. BTW, pass this on, it was the video of the guy explaining your product that swung me over, VERY easy to understand and with my limited hearing I could actually hear him! Forget the torn jeans, it made me feel like a friend was visiting me and helping me to understand what is being risked and how to solve the problem, I always thought I was pretty safe. Thanks again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RAClose: Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure to pass them along to our video team, they will be really happy. :) You can find other helpful videos on our Youtube channel.

One last question please, There are five in our family, I use Windows and android, the daughters/wife use IOS, I'm kind of confused as to pricing, would the family membership take care of 5 computers and phones, actually 6 computers and a Apple watch, and if so what is the yearly/monthly total charge for what we need. My wife demands simpliciy so if there are other options I'm getting them.

From what I understand, 1Password Families will be a perfect fit for your needs.

The cost of Families account is $4.99 per month if paid annually and it includes all 1Password apps for all platforms (+ web-interface!) for up 5 members. All future upgrades are also included in your subscription. There are no licenses to keep track of or sync options to set up — you simply download the apps from 1Password.com and sign in to your account, sync happens automatically.

As a Family Organizer you will have a main account, but each of the family members you invited onto the plan will get their own 1Password.com account. The only thing that all of the members will see in common with each other is the Shared vault. They put something in Shared, everyone sees it. However, each have their own credentials, their own private Personal vault that you cannot view and so on.

I hope it helps. If you have additional questions about 1Password Families, please let us know. We will be happy to be your guide. :chuffed:

Thank you!

Greg

This discussion has been closed.