So many issues. Please fix.

Options
komocode
komocode
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows
  1. How to bring up QR scanner?
    I don't know how to bring up the QR scanner to scan a QR code to add an OTP value into my account.
    See screenshots:
    http://imgur.com/BGvUwqs and http://imgur.com/PQtrDuC

2. How to force refresh?
    Due to issue #1, I decided to scan the QR OTP key using my iOS device. So I did it, and it worked. I waited for my Windows 1Password Teams application to update with the value, but it wouldn't update. I searched all over settings to find some sort of "force refresh", but there's nothing. I tried editing some accounts to force it to refresh, but still didn't work. I ended up closing 1Password all together, closing all of my Chrome tabs, then relaunched 1Password, and finally my OTP value showed up, but then I had some syncing errors (from editing some accounts to get it to refresh). I ended up deleting those accounts and had to re-enter the information.

3. Search List in 1Password won't stay filtered
    While waiting for issue #2 to refresh, I cleaned up some of my accounts in 1Password. In 1Password, I would search "google" to find all of my google accounts. The problem is, when I deleted one google account, the list refreshed without the search term filtered. So I have to clear "google" from search and type it in again. This doesn't make sense. The list should stay filtered after I delete an item.

4. This web forum is broken
    While typing this thread, I tried to figure out how to attach a screenshot. I tried clicking the file icon, but it looks like the menu is hidden under this text area. See screenshot. As you see, I ended up using imgur to host the images.
    http://imgur.com/7eK5lcA

5. Quickly edit an account
    I would like to be able to click on the 1Password chrome extension, right click an account, and edit. It should launch 1Password directly and be able to edit quickly. I wanted to add an OTP value, but I had to manually launch 1Password, filter the account down, and edit.
    The reason is, I was trying to add a recovery key when activating OTP, but had to manually navigate. By the time I finally add a recovery key to my acocunt notes, the web service said I had to re-do it due to session timeout. See screenshot:
    http://imgur.com/HC4jIUX
    Very irritating

This all happened to me in a span of 30 minutes and I'm just so frustrated with this product right now.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@komocode: Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry that you've had such a frustrating experience!

How to bring up QR scanner?

I apologize for the confusion. The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't yet have all of the feature we want. A QR code scanner is something we'd like to add in the future, but for now you can enter the TOTP secret and save it to allow 1Password o generate the TOTP codes for you.

How to force refresh?
    Due to issue #1, I decided to scan the QR OTP key using my iOS device. So I did it, and it worked. I waited for my Windows 1Password Teams application to update with the value, but it wouldn't update. I searched all over settings to find some sort of "force refresh", but there's nothing. I tried editing some accounts to force it to refresh, but still didn't work. I ended up closing 1Password all together, closing all of my Chrome tabs, then relaunched 1Password, and finally my OTP value showed up, but then I had some syncing errors (from editing some accounts to get it to refresh). I ended up deleting those accounts and had to re-enter the information.

That's really odd. I usually see changes reflected in a matter of seconds. It's difficult to say what might be interfering in your case, but if you encounter an issue like that again could you send diagnostics so we can track down the problem and see what we can do to help? Is this happening a lot? Do you perhaps have "security" software, firewall, or proxy settings that are filtering traffic?

Search List in 1Password won't stay filtered
    While waiting for issue #2 to refresh, I cleaned up some of my accounts in 1Password. In 1Password, I would search "google" to find all of my google accounts. The problem is, when I deleted one google account, the list refreshed without the search term filtered. So I have to clear "google" from search and type it in again. This doesn't make sense. The list should stay filtered after I delete an item.

You're absolutely right. This is a very annoying UI refresh glitch that we're working to fix. Personally, this drives me nuts too, so I can't wait!

This web forum is broken
    While typing this thread, I tried to figure out how to attach a screenshot. I tried clicking the file icon, but it looks like the menu is hidden under this text area. See screenshot. As you see, I ended up using imgur to host the images. http://imgur.com/7eK5lcA

We see reports like this occasionally, and so far it's always been due to some content filtering on the client side. Are you using "security" software or extensions that may be interfering? Most commonly this is caused by adblockers and such. Also, which browser version are you using? I'm not sure there's anything we can do about that on our end -- especially since it functions normally for most folks -- but I'd be interested to know the cause.

Quickly edit an account
    I would like to be able to click on the 1Password chrome extension, right click an account, and edit. It should launch 1Password directly and be able to edit quickly. I wanted to add an OTP value, but I had to manually launch 1Password, filter the account down, and edit. The reason is, I was trying to add a recovery key when activating OTP, but had to manually navigate. By the time I finally add a recovery key to my acocunt notes, the web service said I had to re-do it due to session timeout. See screenshot: http://imgur.com/HC4jIUX

I agree. This is the way our established Mac app works, and we'll be bringing this functionality to the new Windows version as well.

Very irritating
    This all happened to me in a span of 30 minutes and I'm just so frustrated with this product right now.

I apologize that you've had such an awful experience with 1Password, and in such a short amount of time! We're working hard to improve the new app, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions. It really helps us to focus our efforts where we can do the most good for you and all 1Password users. Thank you!

• komocode
    komocode
    Community Member
    Options

It's difficult to say what might be interfering in your case, but if you encounter an issue like that again could you send diagnostics so we can track down the problem and see what we can do to help? Is this happening a lot? Do you perhaps have "security" software, firewall, or proxy settings that are filtering traffic?

Nope, no security software. It seems to work fine now. But will send over diagnostics if I see it happen again.

We see reports like this occasionally, and so far it's always been due to some content filtering on the client side. Are you using "security" software or extensions that may be interfering? Most commonly this is caused by adblockers and such. Also, which browser version are you using? I'm not sure there's anything we can do about that on our end -- especially since it functions normally for most folks -- but I'd be interested to know the cause.

I disabled all extensions. I still encounter it. Disabled Avast antivirus as well. Running Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64bit) on Windows 10 non-anniversary update.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nope, no security software. It seems to work fine now. But will send over diagnostics if I see it happen again.

@komocode: That's great to hear! I'm sorry you ran into so much trouble in the first place, but I'm glad that things are working for you now...and we're here for you if you run into any further issues. :chuffed:

I disabled all extensions. I still encounter it. Disabled Avast antivirus as well. Running Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64bit) on Windows 10 non-anniversary update.

Ah, maybe I wasn't clear enough. Avast would definitely fall under "security software". It's just difficult to ask specifically not knowing what you might be using. We've been working with them to make the experience better for our mutual users, and will continue to do so. :)

This discussion has been closed.