Part of Domain used to prompt for matched credentials

Options
amit_battase
amit_battase
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using 1Password on Windows7 earlier and just a week ago i switched to Windows10 machine.
I frequently use an site the most which happens to be a multi-tenant cloud application with different instances.
Needless to say that the credentials are different on all of them.
But for me the issue is irrespective of whichever instance of cloud application i am accessing, in the
matched credentials i am able to see all the credentials of all the cloud application instances.

This wasn't the case on Windows7 Application. I was using the same chrome extension version but application version was 4.6.1.617.

e.g.
Application URLs:
https://FirstInstance.Application.com/RemainingURL
https://SecondInstance.Application.com/RemainingURL

Help is highly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amit_battase: I'm not sure I understand. One of the limitations of the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app currently is that it displays all logins for the TLD rather than filtering based on subdomain. That's the way that we (and most users) want 1Password to work, with inexact matches listed after exact matches. But, again, currently the app will list all matches for the TLD, which seems to be what you're asking for, without even filtering based on subdomain. And in either case, if you have a single login for https://application.com, it should be available to fill on any of its subdomains. Let me know if that helps!

• amit_battase
    amit_battase
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty for responding..

Firstly, I was saying that 1Password works on TLD matching which I am disliking and there would be some other similar users too.
    So,
    1. Is that only for Windows App, does it behave differently on any other platform..please suggest.
    2. I am asking if there is some setting/preference tweak available which we can make it to match based on sub-domains?
    3. Even if 1Password displayed the results suggested based on matched sub-domains would help. Let me know if this is doable now or in any future releases.

Regards,
    Amit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Firstly, I was saying that 1Password works on TLD matching which I am disliking and there would be some other similar users too.

@amit_battase: Aha! Thank you for clarifying. I had it exactly backwards.

1) Is that only for Windows App, does it behave differently on any other platform..please suggest.

The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't yet have all of the features the more established Mac app does, so it works differently right now and we're working to close those gaps.

2) I am asking if there is some setting/preference tweak available which we can make it to match based on sub-domains?

Not yet, but we'll be adding support for subdomain matching, so that those results will be displayed first, as described.

3) Even if 1Password displayed the results suggested based on matched sub-domains would help. Let me know if this is doable now or in any future releases.

I agree. In general, login matching is pretty confusing, and different people have different expectations of how it should work. First and foremost though, we're working to make it consistent across platforms, but we also want to make it more intuitive going forward as well, so we appreciate any feedback you have on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.