Android tablet says: discovery stopped for 1password4.tap; Can't connect

traveller1411
traveller1411
Community Member

Can't sync Android with WIN10; 1password WIN10: 4.6.1.617; Ext Morzilla: 4.6.2; Android: 6.4.2; Operating: 6.2.9200
1password is open on laptop ->setting ->WLAN sync, WLAN sync status: idle, on Android: touching sync top right on display, error message: can't connect, open 1 password on your computer (open!) and ensure WLAN server is running (is running). message box on Android: discovery stopped for 1password4._tap.
I switched off router completely, switched off laptop and Android. Restarted router, after minutes restarted Android and laptop: same error messages. what can I do? Thanks for helping
(info: it worked maybe a 1/2 year ago.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: WIN10
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:sync android doesn't work

Comments

• Hi @traveller1411. Thanks for getting in touch with us! It sounds like something is blocking our discovery service from connecting to Bonjour on your PC. Do you have Bonjour installed on the PC? Also, do you have any firewalls or antivirus software that may be blocking incoming connections?

If you have the Windows system firewall running, open the Control Panel. From there, select System and Security > Windows Firewall > Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall. Do you see 1Password on that list, and is it allowed?

• traveller1411
    traveller1411
    Community Member

Hello Peri, thanks for your response. However, I experience still the same problem. Yes, Bonjour for Windows (3.1.0.1) is installed. I deactivated different services: Norton firewall, Norton auto protect, NoScript, and opened afterwards 1password on my laptop Lenovo yoga 40 (with fingerprint sensor) – I receive the same error messages on my Samsung Galaxy tablet as mentioned above. Do you have any other ideas what to undertake? Best regards Klaus

• Just to confirm, you made sure that 1Password was allowed through the system firewall as well, right? I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from both of your devices:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.