DIfference between Apple and Microsoft versions

Options

My boss uses Apple version, I use Microsoft version.
I notice that his version suggests "old password" and "duplicate password" while my version does not.
Or am I missing something?

It would be very helpful if 1-password software would suggest me to renew old passwords or signal if I use the same password in different logins.

thanks for your help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @matteo_brambilla,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you using 1Password 6 or 1Password 4?

1Password 6 for Windows doesn't yet have Security Audit implemented, this is coming in a future update.

If you have 1Password 4, check the View Menu to enable these features like so:

• matteo_brambilla
    matteo_brambilla
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately, I am using version 6.
    waiting for security audit!!!
    it would be very helpful!
    do you have a schedule fot this feauture?

thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@matteo_brambilla:

Unfortunately, we don't have a timeframe for this feature at the moment. I assure you that we are working really hard to improve 1Password 6 every day. :) If there is anything else you want to see in 1Password 6, please let us know. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• SkylandCaddyDaddy
    SkylandCaddyDaddy
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg is there an owner of Security Audit in Mac version? Can't that feature set and code just be converted for all the non-Mac versions (windows, web, families, teams, etc)? Can you explain the challenge with moving SA over, please.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @SkylandCaddyDaddy,

1Password is not a ported app, there is no one 1Password app that works on all platforms. To integrate better with your OS, we have a separate platform team working on native code for the platform they're on. That means we do reuse any code between platforms, there's no cross-platform language that works for us or worked back then. The macOS/iOS versions are in Obj-C/Swift, 1Password version 4 was in Delphi but 1Password 6 is being built as an app in C# taking advantages of the latest .NET/UWP ecosystem, Android in Java, 1Password.com site in TypeScript/Go/HTML/CS/etc and more.

As for Security Audit, it is a matter of finishing the core subsystems first like improving search to be capable of searching through all fields (which we've implemented for the upcoming 1Password 6.3) and capable of doing smaller targeted filters like password age analysis, and many more smaller dependences that we have to finish. Once all of the pieces are assembled, we can then start putting advanced features on top of it.

1Password 6 for Windows itself is basically less than a year old, first stable release was back in Oct 2016, first line of code back in April and the macOS version of 1Password 6 was built first as 1Password 4 back in 2013 that could be adapted for 1Password.com support. 1Password 4 couldn't be, so we had to build a new program instead.

• SkylandCaddyDaddy
    SkylandCaddyDaddy
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT thank you for explaining the history and dependencies. That will help me keep patient. Love 1Password and regularly recommend it to others. Keep the improvements coming.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

You're welcome and thank you for understanding and for your patience. We certainly will keep it going, we're in the middle of trying to switch to a bi-weekly release schedule after we release 1Password 6.3 later this month to get you the new features sooner.

If you'd like, you can read the changelog for the latest betas here. I've just noticed some kind of weird formatting glitch for the 6.3.370 beta note, we'll fix that soon.

• SkylandCaddyDaddy
    SkylandCaddyDaddy
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT the latest Windows Beta (6.4.374) looks great in the mini screen! Sure would be even better with the Security Audit. Yep, I'm going to keep up the reminders on this. Tell the team to keep up the great work...and move Security Audit features up in priority, please. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SkylandCaddyDaddy: Thank you for being so passionate about 1Password 6! :) We wish we could release everything at once, but it takes time and development. I hope for your understanding. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• Hi @SkylandCaddyDaddy,

I'm glad you're liking the 1Password mini changes so far. Security Audit requires other features to be finished first before we can implement. For an example, better and more advanced search/filtering support, like we are enabling in recent updates. The sooner we finish them all, the quicker we can get to Security Audit.

This discussion has been closed.