Hi Guys, Looking for the 1Password helper

Options

Hi Guys, I keep getting this
Looking for the 1Password helper - The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly. using fiorefox and chrome on windows 7 desktop. Super frustrating. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled,. removed firewall and security settings, looked at numerous forums, and still no joy whatsoever. Any thoughts?

Re the versions, im not sure of the difference the 1password version and the extension version, I only signed up today so Id imagine whatever your defaults are re 1password version?

1Password Version: 274 - but im not sure
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windowns 7 professional
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password helper windows 7

Comments

• 1passwordsbroken
    1passwordsbroken
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys, just an update from above, I hadent actually installed the destop app, I have now done so. Here is my dilema, although I think I am closer. I have set up all of my passwords online on 1password site, how do I export these details onto my desktop app now. It seems like they are not linked up between my online account and the 1password 4 desktop app. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @1passwordsbroken,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password on Windows! You did the right thing by contacting us and giving us a chance to help. :+1:

You are right, 1Password extension in the browser does not have any of your info and requires 1Password app to work and communicate with. I am glad to hear you've sorted it out!

Since you are using 1Password Individual account, you should download 1Password 6 for Windows, not 1Password 4. 1Password 4 does not support 1Password accounts and works with local vaults only.

Once you install 1Password 6, please sign in to your account and your data will be there. Let me know how it goes. We are always here for you. :)

Also, please tell us more, if you really think that 1Password is broken. If something is not right, I am sure we will fix it. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• 1passwordsbroken
    1passwordsbroken
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg, Ive got it all sorted, 1password 6 synced up well so thats great. Thanks for your help.

All the best
    Tom

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for keeping us posted, Tom!

Please reach out to us anytime, we are always here for you. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.