Force a sync in 1P6/win

Options

I've entered an object on my home computer that I just went to use on my laptop, and it's not here. I have restarted my home machine a number of times since it was added, and 1P has been running uninterrupted for several hours after it was added also. No error messages were observed in 1P on my home computer during this period.

I can't seem to find a way to force a sync in 1P to my teams account - do I have to resort to doing a dummy edit on the object, say editing the note field in the object to try and send it up again?

How can I be sure that all my objects are in my account?

1Password Version: 6.2.333 / 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 / Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:Force a sync

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Hatclub,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry you bumped into troubles with 1Password account.

First of all, have you tried to sign in to your account at 1Password.com and check, if your new item is there?

I can't seem to find a way to force a sync in 1P to my teams account - do I have to resort to doing a dummy edit on the object, say editing the note field in the object to try and send it up again?

The changes to the items in your vault should propagate automatically. There have been some sync issues in the previous versions of 1Password, so let's check if it is not them. It would be helpful, if you shared diagnostics reports from your home computer and a laptop. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

As a longstanding 1P4 user, I forget about the existence of the web interface sometimes.

I can see the object there, so it looks like it is instead that my laptop is not pulling the object from my 1P account. I guess you'll want a Diagnostic report from that?

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, hm. It's now on my laptop, so perhaps my desktop wasn't pushing it to 1P after all, and this time when I've turned my desktop on it's synced it.

Are diagnostics reports still useful or do they not carry historical sync activity?

• Hi @hatclub,

There are a few known glitches related to unstable internet connection, a few drops can put 1Password in offline mode and it never reconnects until you restart the app. This has been fixed in the upcoming 1Password 6.3 update.

For now, just to rule out it is not something new to us, please do send us the diagnostics reports. It will include logs of all sync attempts as well as any internet issues.

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Okay, well, on the plus side (?) my work desktop (win7) is not syncing and is complaining about 1 sync error (no items in that view) and 1 offline change (no items in that view). I have restarted the 1P app and still nothing. I'll mail you the diagnostics for this machine instead.

The "a few drops can put 1P in offline mode" sounds a plausible excuse for both my home and laptop systems as I tend to use a VPN extensively on those units and there's a lot of on-again-off-again-on-again when resuming from suspend whilst the VPN gets up again.

• Hatclub
    Hatclub
    Community Member
    Options

Hey - FYI that I didn't receive an autoresponder with a ticket ID - so either I was spam-foldered or something has gone wrong at your end (I've checked our spam filtering platform and can't see anything other than forum notifications coming in over the past few days).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hatclub: Nah, we got it, but it sounds like something blocking it from getting through to you. We're working to make 1Password more resilient and aggressive about reconnecting when possible. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for working with us on this!

ref: RLD-89226-469

This discussion has been closed.