At a loss to setup a family account

Options

I've created a family account on 1password.com and installed the firefox extension, which kept asking for a helper. I just want to replace lastpass extension in our browsers and on our iphones, not have to install a program in Windows?

As this is a trial I installed on my PC the only version of 1password that I can find but that does not correspond to your video tutorials. So now I have empty vaults on 1password.com and a vault saved on my PC and nothing is in sync. Please help me set this up? Thank you

1Password Version: 4.6.1.167
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @katytude,

Thank you for contacting us and giving us a chance to help! I am sorry for the troubles and confusion with 1Password.

I think I know what is going on from your description. It seems that you created 1Password Families account, but downloaded 1Password 4 for Windows, which supports only local vaults, not 1Password accounts. Let's untie this knot step by step.

I've created a family account on 1password.com and installed the firefox extension, which kept asking for a helper. I just want to replace lastpass extension in our browsers and on our iphones, not have to install a program in Windows?

Since 1Password browser extension doesn't have any information about your account or vault and doesn't connect directly to 1Password.com, you will have to download 1Password 6 for Windows and sign in to your account there. After that you should migrate your data from your local vault to your 1Password account.

If you need our assistance with any of the steps above, please share a diagnostics report from your Windows PC, using this guide on our website:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Greg

• katytude
    katytude
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Greg! Thank you for your help, it is now sorted out. I thought I needed 1Password 6 but was unable to find a link to it and didn't want to load a beta and create an account on hockeyapp. We'll now set up all family devices and check the IOS app, great support!

• Hi @katytude,

That's super great to hear, thanks for letting us know and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome!

For the future references, you can find all of the stable downloads for https://1Password.com/downloads. You can also find this downloads page anytime if you log into your 1Password.com account using Firefox or Chrome, click on your account name on top right to select Get the Apps.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.