Browser extension loads logins in current tab rather than opeing a new one like it used to

Options

When I search for a login in the browser extension and click on it it loads in the current tab rather than opening a new one as the old 1P 4 browser extension used to do. Very annoying and inconvenient. Any hope of a fix/option to open in a new tab?

1Password Version: 6.2.33d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @midshipman,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 6 doesn't have the options to adjust how you want to open the Login items yet but it is coming in a future update.

For now, you can press Control + T to create a new tab and then ask 1Password mini to open the site you want.

• Midshipman
    Midshipman
    Community Member
    Options

I am quite frustrated with the browser extension in 1P 6. It has gone backwards from v4 in so many ways:

It does seem like a backward step. I need to use 1P 6 though as I have started using a Family account. Really hope the Windows Browser Extension can get some development attention soon!

• Hi @Midshipman,

1Password 6 definitely isn't an upgrade to 1Password 4, it's a separate new app being built from scratch and a lot of features are not yet implemented. We're working as fast as we can but it will take a while.

No longer able to fill Identity or credit card info from the browser extension

This is supported; open 1Password mini by clicking on the 1Password icon or press Control + Alt + \ to bring it up, type the name of the credit card or identity item to narrow down the list and then select it, 1Password will fill it in.

When generating a new password no option to "Fill" (and hence password not stored by 1P)

Copying the password will auto-generate the password item into your 1Password database. You can give it a try and check for it in 1Password. It is not copied when you dismiss it via the 'x' button because it is not copying it.

Filling is coming in a future update, we have to integrate the Password Generator with the extensions first before we can enable it.

No option to open a login item in 1Password

Can you clarify this a bit? You can click on the URL field in 1Password to open it and have it filled. Bringing up 1Password mini via Control + Alt + \ will also do the same thing, select any login item and 1Password will open it in a new tab for you.

Really hope the Windows Browser Extension can get some development attention soon!

It will, it's missing some core features that we need to implement first before we can start overhauling 1Password mini. Most of it will be done in the upcoming 1Password 6.3 update and the follow-up updates should start to have some improvements for 1Password mini, at least that's the current plan.

• Midshipman
    Midshipman
    Community Member
    Options

Mike, thanks for your helpful reply.

To clarify what I meant by

No option to open a login item in 1Password

I was referring to the option to open a login in the main application from the browser extension.

• Hi @Midshipman,

You're welcome.

I was referring to the option to open a login in the main application from the browser extension.

Gotcha. We're reusing the same context menu options from the main app, that's why it doesn't yet have that option. We are working to bring over the details viewer/editor to 1Password mini, so that you would have less of a need to open anything in 1Password app, just edit inline and you're set to go. However, we do plan to add Open in 1Password in addition for when you need more advanced editing session.

This discussion has been closed.