Export all contents (not just logins) so as have a copy with login, wallet, notes etc.

Options

I have 1assword on my windows 7 desktop and iphone 7. They are synced. I want to export all contents (not just logins) so as have a copy with login, wallet, notes etc. on my desktop. Then I can print out spreadsheet. When I go to export I can only export logins. Please help. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:exporting all contents not just Logins so as to print a copy

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @ascbcb,

Thank you for reaching out!

I will happily help you with your question, but first I would like to find out, is there a particular reason why you want to keep your data on your desktop and print it out?

The thing is that exported data files are not encrypted (they are stored in plain text) and we recommend to immediately delete such files when you are done with them, because anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords.

In order to export all of your data from 1Password 4, you want to choose export to 1PIF file. 1PIF is an open format based on standard JSON and there are a lot of apps that can read it. It is also viewable in any text editor, because it is plaintext.

As for printing out, you can try to use @MrC 's converters suite to create a HTML document that you can then print. The first post there mentions a samples folder to show you an example of the output.

I hope it helps. Again, be careful with the exported files, because they are not encrypted. If you have any questions about the steps above, please let us know. We are always here for you. Thanks!

Best,
    Greg

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @ascbcb ,

As @Greg mentioned, the csv converter in the converter suite can output HTML for browser-based printing. It can handle all of your 1Password items.

Even more, a new version of the converter suite also supports converted a 1Password export directly to CSV, so that all of your items can be exported.

This new version (version 1.10) is not yet posted in Testing Bits, as I've been working offline with another customer on some final polishing details. So with it, you'll be able to output in a variety of HTML formats as well as CSV (and has potential to output in other formats, when the proper formatter is created).

Let me know if you are interested in this, and I'll help you get started. Perhaps you'll have some interest in providing any feedback, or have feature requests.

• ascbcb
    ascbcb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Understand info won't be encrypted. Want to print out "notes." from 1Password. Was able to export all to 1PIF. What is an easy way to read? Notepad doesn't work. Downloading converters is very complicated. Is there an easy way or good APP or should I invest an hour and manually hand copy? Thanks. B

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ascbcb ,

The 1PIF format, while readable, is hardly something you're going to want to use.

How often do you see yourself exporting / printing / etc. ?

• ascbcb
    ascbcb
    Community Member
    Options

A hard copy printed out maybe once per year. Kept in safe deposit box

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@ascbcb,

Ok, got it. I doubt you'll be satisfied with the JSON format in the 1PIF file, so you're going to want to convert it to a human readable format. Only the converters really know how to do this, since its a very AgileBits-1Password-specific structure (JSON is standard, how the JSON data is structured is highly specific to a JSON developer).

So, I'll suggest the converter again, not because I wrote it, but because I think you want its results.

Running the converter once a year is trivial. Once you've installed the package required for running the scripts, you don't need to do that again, and the conversion process is two simple command lines you run in a command shell, and your done. It takes less than 10 seconds.

If you don't want to have the software package (the Strawberry Perl software) remaining on your system, you can just remove it when you're done, and in the future re-download/install it as you need. That takes about 10 minutes (download, unpack, modules update). Just an option. I'd just leave it and move on (hard drives are very cheap, and most users never come near filling their drives).

I'm happy to show you how simple it is - the instructions are large because they are comprehensive.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ascbcb: Please let us know what you decide, we are always ready to help. I am sure @MrC is, too. :)

Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.