Restore zip backup from mac to 1password6 windows

Hello,
I'm a long time user but now i need some help.
I have a Macintosh single license. I went to travel abroad to deliver a new laptop to a friend. I always have a copy of the latest zip backup on a usb key, never needed it until now.
I must connect to some sites back at home, so i need `to use my backup. I thought I could get a trial version on my friends windows 10 laptop.
Go to the site, get the 6.2.333d version on downloads page. But I cant find a way that it read my backup.
What can I do to get the 3 passwords I need from the zip file?
Its ok for my license to restore to another computer so I can get them?
Thanks in advance, Eugeni

1Password Version: latest single licence up to date
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Sierra - Windows 10
Sync Type: zip backup file on usb
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 restoring backup om windows

Comments

• genimac
    genimac
    Community Member

Updated, I found the 1password4 on downloads.
    Now I have a restore option but still stuck.
    4 version dont see my zip as a valid vault. I tried to rename it ending in agilebitskeychain_zip, it apears on the list but again says its not a valid 1password one.
    Anything more I can try?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@genimac: While 1Password for Windows cannot read 1Password for Mac backups, in this case if you have an .agilekeychain_zip file, you can simply rename it to .zip and decompress it to a full AgileKeychain vault, which you can open in nearly any version of 1Password. Let me know if that helps! :)

• genimac
    genimac
    Community Member

Tried but didnt work on me. Once uncompressed I get an OnePassword.sqlite file and a 03D30D54D22A47618F71C58DBA17F7A5__108.changes. No restore or import work on them. The original one is 1Password 2017-01-22 13_25_11 (1 profiles, 155 items, 2 folders, 1 attachments) with the .ip4_zip extension that i tried to change to .agilekeychain_zip and just zip.
    Dont worry on me, i contacted my son so he could enter my computer and send me the ones i needed. so its solved for me.
    But I'm just curious for future times. seems the best way is export the database? I was used to get the last backup zip and restore it when re-installing or changing computers, always worked so i was confident on it (only macs).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@genimac: Ah, I see. You weren't working with an .agilekeychain_zip at all, but a .1p4_zip. That explains it.

I'm glad you got it sorted out. In the future, if you want to export plaintext, you can do so using the Export option in the File menu. But if you just want to save an OPVault copy for safe keeping, you can use Folder Sync in 1Password for Mac. 1Password for Windows version 4 works that way already, and the new 1Password 6 app will support Folder Sync in the future once local vaults are added. Cheers! :)

• genimac
    genimac
    Community Member

Oh, thats sounds perfect. Thanks for the advice.

• On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.