Problem loggin in on desktop apps

Options

Hi,
I have created a new family account.
I can succesfully login to that account on the web page.

But when I try to use the desktop app for windows it doesn't accept my master password, so I can't login.

I had another 1password account previous which now is deleted, since I forgot the master password.

I think I need to provide new information to my desktop apps but I don't understand how to do it.
Can I reset my desktop apps in some way?

Anything else I can do?

regards
Håkan

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @haarse,

Thanks for writing in. We'd love to help you fix this, can you email us the error logs from Windows' Event Viewer that might explain why you can't unlock. In addition, we'll explain how to reset the app's local database if it comes to that in the email.

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• haarse
    haarse
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update.
    I have sent the requested file on mail.

Regards
    Håkan

• Thanks, I've found the email and we'll reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: VQK-52197-839

This discussion has been closed.