1Password EXTREMELY unresponsive

Options

Hello,

I'm using the latest "1Password 6 Client for Windows" (6.3.360d) and the latest "1Password Beta Plugin" (1.6.3.1) for "Google Chrome" (56.0.2924.87).

Sadly my experience with the 1Password software is really unsatisfying at the moment. Everytime I click on the 1Password icon in the browser it takes a random amount between 5 and 20 seconds for the 1Password Mini overlay to show up. Same thing for left-clicking the tray-icon. The dialog that offers me to save new logins suffers from the delay as well (and often pops up twice).

One thing I noticed:
Right-clicking the tray-icon after one of the described left-click actions brings up the 1Password Mini overlay immediately.

I noticed this problem right away after installing 1Password (latest release version). Updating to the beta software did not solve the issue.

Is there anything I could try to fix that problem?

Best regards
Florian

1Password Version: Beta 6.3.360d
Extension Version: Beta 1.6.3.1
OS Version: Windows 10 64 Bit
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @flobernd,

Thanks for reporting this.

We saw a few reports of this but we haven't been able to reproduce just yet, we think there is more than one factor causing this issue. We're making some adjustments for the next beta update to try to narrow this down.

First thing, we'd like to get a diagnostics report from you after you see this issue. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• flobernd
    flobernd
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Done!

I'm pretty sure it's something GUI/message-queue related. Sometimes the GUI is really laggy as well (feels like it gets invalidated and repainted way too often for no good reason) - especially while moving the window.

• Hi @flobernd,

It shouldn't be redrawing, that sounds like 1Password mini is stuck at reopening itself several times in a row. That's actually something that's going to be greatly improved in the next beta update but it is not a cure yet.

The log should let us know, hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.