New non-cloud database

Options

Hello, I installed the Windows version of 1Password but cannot create an offline database like I was able to in the past. It appears I have to create a cloud account which I do not want to do. I like the ability to keep everything offline. How can I do this? I do not want to reuse an older backup but wish to start fresh. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Vik,

Thanks for writing in. 1Password 6 for Windows is only for 1Password.com service, you cannot create or modify a local vault in 1Password 6 at the moment.

Is there a specific reason you would not want to try 1Password.com service? Your 1Password data is always encrypted offline and never leaves decrypted, no one beside you can decrypt your data and your master password in addition to your account key are never transmitted either. By using 1Password.com service, you'd be able to access it anytime securely, when you get a new computer or device, you sign in and 1Password is ready to go. It is also easy to share data securely with family members, coworkers and guests. You can find out more here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

This discussion has been closed.