Missing SGX option?

Options
TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Just downloaded 3.6.368 and I don't see the SGX security option under advanced options. I just see EFS. I have a Yoga 910 with the Kaby Lake processor so I'm hoping it has SGX.

1Password Version: 3.6.368
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @TravelSD,

Thanks for writing in.

Is it enabled in the BIOS? Some laptops shipped with SGX disabled, so that might be your case as well. Can you check to make sure it is enabled?

If it is, can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi, I'm also interested in trying the new SGX security option (I'm using 1Password 6.3.368d beta and this option is missing under advanced too). I use an ASUS Ranger VIII motherboard, with a Skylake processor, and SGX has just been enabled for this (and other ASUS Z170 motherboards) in the new 3xxx series of BIOSes.

With my current 3007 BIOS there are two options for SGX:- disabled & software controlled. Would it be useful if I also generated a diagnostic report and emailed it to you, or does it need more support in my motherboard?

• Hi @pbryanw,

Yes, it would help us to get that diagnostics report, it should tell us what it says about SGX.

We use Intel's tool to tell us if SGX is enabled on the machine and if it is not enabled, it will not show that button.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

@MikeT - Thanks for your reply, email has been sent - ref is [#CNI-57165-685]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@pbryanw: Found it! We will reply to your email soon. Thank you! :)

++
    Greg

ref: CNI-57165-685

This discussion has been closed.