Changed Master Password not replicating

Options

I changed my master password on the web and it forced me to log back in on my other device, however, now the new master password isn't' working on my phone and logins are not replicating. What's going on?

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 333d
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:I changed my master password on the web and it forced me to log back in on my other device, however, now the new master password isn't' working on my phone and logins are not replicating. What's going on?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @mstasim,

Thank you for contacting us and giving us a chance to help! :+1:

First of all, I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password. Could you please clarify, are you able to access your account with your new Master Password on the device, where it forced you to log back in? Also:

• Are you able to unlock 1Password on your phone with your old Master Password?
    • Are the logins are not propagating to your phone only? Or does it happen on other devices as well?
    • Did 1Password 6 for Windows update your Master Password correctly?

It seems like a complicated situation and I want to clear any confusion before we proceed. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• mstasim
    mstasim
    Community Member
    Options

There are many moving parts, so I'm not sure I have all this correct...

I changed my master PW on the web.

It forced me to re-login on my iPhone and iPad and other iPhone. The issue was with the version on my computer where it did not propagate and I had to log in with the old password and then change the master PW on my laptop separately.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @mstasim,

Thanks for writing back to let us know this, this is something we've implemented the support for in the next update, 1Password 6.3. It will update the local database password if you sign in with a new password, as long as the local database and the first account had the same password.

We will improve on this further by linking the local database password in 1Password 6 to the first account you use, so that password changes will sync in both directions.

This discussion has been closed.