Lost my attachments when migrating to the 1Password web version

Options

A couple months ago I switched from the desktop-only version to the web/desktop hybrid product (my.1password.com).

I imported all of my data from my old vault to the new web login, and today I've noticed that some of my important attachments didn't get imported.

I still have an old backup of my 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

Attempting to open 1PasswordAnyWhere (1Password.html) to recover my attachments gives me this error: Problem loading 1Password data file. A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it. Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips.

Also I can't import my keychain directly into the new vault because I get this error: Importing from keychains is not currently supported in vaults from 1Password accounts.

How can I recover my attachments?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.3 (653000) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2 (16C67)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rdbell - Thanks for reaching out to us! Before we try to recover your attachments, can you please check if the attachments are indeed missing?

The reason I ask is that your account on 1Password.com handles attachments a bit differently than the standalone version. On migrating your data, your attachments should have been converted into document items. If you click on Documents in the left-hand sidebar in 1Password, you'll see all Document items. Are the attachments that you're missing there?

• wfscot
    wfscot
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey there,

I ran into the same issue just yesterday when migrating from 1Password 4 on Dropbox to a 1Password Family Account. I have checked and the Documents were not created. FWIW, most (all?) of my attachments were attached to Secure Notes.

Is there an easy way for me to get these over? Manually sifting through everything and exporting/importing/linking does not sound like fun.

I did the import on Windows 10 using the latest 1Password 6 App's import function and pointing it to the .agilekeychain folder in Dropbox. In case it matters, I did not have the same master password, but I did enter the correct one in the import dialog and everything else came over successfully.

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

Hello @wfscot,

I am sorry for the inconvenient migration in 1Password on Windows! We are working hard to make it better.

The thing is that when you migrate your items from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6 on Windows, attachments are not imported automatically. To import your attachments as Document items, please do the following:

1) Open 1Password 4 and export all of your items as .1PIF file (all of the attachments will be exported in a separate folder).
    2) Open 1Password 6, choose New Item > “Import files as Documents” and select your attachments.

Please note: Exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords. Please do not email exported data files or keep them on the cloud. Delete them when you are done with them.

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.