1P not launchable after update to 6.3

Options
ejg930
ejg930
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I took the 'mini update' to prepare for the upcoming 6.3 update, and 1P won't launch anymore. It doesn't even appear in my list of programs in my Start menu, and I can't search for it.

1P6 appears in my list of uninstallable programs in Control panel (reports version 6.2.333), but when I attempt to repair or uninstall I get the following error from the Windows Installer:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'tmp9E79.msi' in the box below." The default path is 'C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local\Temp\'

I receive the same error when I download a fresh copy of 1P6 onto my machine and attempt to install from there. I have no idea what network resource the installer would be trying to access that it is unable to.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1P for Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @ejg930,

Thanks for reporting this.

We sometime see that when the Windows' installer cache is damaged and need to be reset. Can you first try Microsoft's repair tool here and see if it works afterward to uninstall 1Password.

If yes, try to install the latest 6.3.359 update from here.

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT, that did the trick - thank you!

• You're absolutely welcome!

• stephen_lee
    stephen_lee
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem. If I uninstall and re-install 1Password then will I need to enter all of my 1Password account details again?
    If so, then a different fix would be appreciated. Please advise.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @stephen_lee,

Thank you for contacting us! Is there a reason why you won't be able to sign in to your account, if it is needed? Please let us know, so we could provide you with further instructions. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• stephen_lee
    stephen_lee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - I am sure I can sign-in again but at the moment all I need to do to access 1Password is to enter my master password. It is a pain to have to dig out all of the account key details etc. My question is whether I can de-install and re-install 1Password for Windows yet keep all of the base date associated with the old installation so that all I need to do is enter my master password to get started again

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @stephen_lee,

Reinstalling 1Password will not affect your data, it is stored in a separate location. However, do not use an app cleaning tool, that will certainly remove the data folder and any other related data.

• stephen_lee
    stephen_lee
    Community Member
    Options

Great - I confirm that worked. Thanks

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.