I am getting a pop up screen as IF I were new. I can use password. It will not restore my back ups.

Options

My 1 passwords stopped working. I get a pop up screen and am unable to restore my backup.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am getting a welcome to passwords pop up

Comments

• Hi @mmmoore,

Thanks for writing in.

1. When you said you are unable to restore your backups, can you give us more details like what happened when you did that?
    2. Does your backup files end in .agilekeychain_zip or .opvault_zip?
    3. Do you use any disk cleaning tool that could remove files? Can you double-check your anti-malware solution to make sure it hasn't quarantine anything related to 1Password.
  • mmmoore
    mmmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I really want my computer and software to work and not have to figure it out, call IT or post anywhere. My car does, every appliance in my home, why oh, why? Enough said. (This is not directed at you - just tech) SOMEHOW unbeknowst to me - my valut and backup files were deleted in the original location leaving empty or unreadable files. Then the files were moved to a new file location. I did not do it. (I rarely download for fears of this kind of thing happening. I only ran Norton security check.) I did stumble upon it, figure it out, restore it, and it works. Computing shoould not be this mysterious or challenging. AGAIN, thanks much.

• Hi @mmmoore,

I'm really sorry it happened to you like that, some of us on the team are bald because of these kinds of things.

I'm glad you got it back but I do recommend reviewing your backup strategy because of this, make sure you have a copy of your data off on an external drive, just in case. The general rule is 3 copies, two local copies and one remote (offsite).

• mmmoore
    mmmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Will do back up strategy.
    Can you fix my Quicken which has to be restored far too often due to corrupt files?

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @mmmoore,

:) Unless it is a known issue in Quicken, I'd also suggest you do a check on the hard drive's health just in case, that could explain various data integrity issues across many apps that you might have.

• mmmoore
    mmmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I apreciate IT people who are both knowledgable and helpful. Tell your boss I recommended a raise .
    I wIll check on hard drive health as well as my own mental health for attempting to do so. :)

Meanwhile, your last recommendation was to save a copy of my password vault. I was trying to print a hard copy.
    I cannot find a way to reveal the passwords - all at once and then print that screen.
    Is there a secret door or command - Can you help me do so?
    Thanks,
    Michael

• Hi @mmmoore,

Meanwhile, your last recommendation was to save a copy of my password vault. I was trying to print a hard copy.

Actually, not a print copy (which shows your 1Password data in clear view), a copy of your encrypted vault file and also a copy of your 1Password's Backups folder which you can find in your Documents > 1Password > Backups directory. Technically, 1Password already does two separate copies for you by default, you just need to make a copy of the backups/vault file to an external drive or an online backup service like Crashplan, Backblaze, and others. That way, if your hard drive crashes, you'd have a copy elsewhere.

We don't have a way to print it easily in 1Password on Windows because it leaves traces of your 1Password data in clear view on disk, your printer's memory and so on. If you really really need to do this and we don't recommend it because of that security risk, you can export and print the export file instead. One of our awesome community moderator, MrC, has added a method to his converter to make the prints more readable if you want.

By the way, we started our own 1Password.com subscription service and in this case, we take care of the sync/backup for you, so you should never have to worry about this.

• mmmoore
    mmmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, will do back up of backup.
    I did the hard disk health check up and got three Ok's.
    AND my mental health survived as well.

• That's great to hear and if there's anything else we can help to maintain your sanity, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.