Deleted items in 1Password 4 Dropbox vault still visible in 1Password 6

Options

When I delete items from my Dropbox vault in 1Password 4 on Windows they do not get deleted from the 1Password 6 vault after (manually) syncing with the Dropbox vault.

I also wonder when full Dropbox vault support is available in 1Password 6 because I really like the new interface and speed!?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617 and 6.3.359
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @admxml,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm glad you're liking the new app so far but at the moment, it is not yet designed for full-time use of local vaults only, it is only for 1Password.com service. We don't have a timeframe on when we'll add full local vault support, it may be a while. We're still focused on implementing most of the features first to 1Password 6, which benefits both 1Password.com and local vaults but the writing to the local vaults have to wait.

As for your syncing tombstoned items issue, that's a known one. We haven't implemented the sync logic to not only skip the tombstoned items but also remove it locally in the database, so that's why you don't see it removed after the sync.

For now, what you can do is remove the local vault and re-add it via Dropbox, it'll skip the tombstones. However, if you have Dropbox client running on the computer, I recommend using the Folder Sync, so it'll just reload the existing content on the drive rather than downloading everything again.

This discussion has been closed.