CSV Export from Dashlane flagged "Invalid File Format" by 1P

Options

Exported as unsecured archive (readable) CSV file from Dashlane on Windows 10. 1P flagged as "Invalid File Format".

1Password Version: Current - 1st time user
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:CSV Export from Dashlane flagged "Invalid File Format" by 1P

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@colonsay,

Dashlane has a number of issues with its export, which I've described elsewhere. After my post, a user describes what was required to get the CSV file into a robust format that can be read by 1Password. Although the user is on a Mac, the idea is identical, and steps are similar in Windows.

These instructions may help you as well.

• Please do let us know if you need further assistance with these instructions.

• colonsay
    colonsay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response. I attempted to import the single row CSV file
    Amazon.com,https://amazon.com/,wendy_appleseed,password123
    and it still wouldn't accept it: "Invalid file format. Please choose a CSV file".

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@colonsay,

You don't say above, but I suspect you are using 1Password 6 on Windows, which does not yet support CSV imports.

To import your CSV, you will need to also install 1Password 4 for Windows, import the CSV, and then export all your items using the 1PIF format. This 1PIF export can then be imported by 1Password 6.

• colonsay
    colonsay
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I was using 1Password 6, so now I know how to fix it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of MrC you are very welcome, colonsay! He is awesome. :)

Please contact us anytime if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• colonsay
    colonsay
    Community Member
    Options

I've used your test site (https://agilebits.com/store/checkout) to try out credit card payments, but when I click on the 1P icon, top right of my Windows 10 screen, none of my 2 passwords appear. Only the login link appears there.

• Hi @colonsay,

Correct, only the Login items will show up. Password items only show up if there are no Login items.

• colonsay
    colonsay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your advice, but what have I missed? Having got into the site, how do I replace the Login item by credit card details? See screen shot.

Also, please could you direct me to a User Guide or equivalent which explains how to enter sites and then manage them? All I can find online is useful stuff about how to set up passwords, etc, but nothing after. (PS I'm in the process of transferring my secure data from Dashlane.)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@colonsay: The 1Password mini interface doesn't yet have Identities and Credit Cards broken out for filling (that will come in a future update), but you can fill them now by searching and then selecting them. It's just that 1Password can only offer you logins matching the site, since other items do not have a URL associated with them.

Also, please could you direct me to a User Guide or equivalent which explains how to enter sites and then manage them?

I'm not sure we have a guide that covers that, but I could be wrong since I'm not sure precisely what you mean. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do? Even if we don't have a guide for something in particular, we're happy to serve that function ourselves. :chuffed:

• colonsay
    colonsay
    Community Member
    Options

It would be useful if a user guide or Help page could summarise the three interfaces and how they inter-relate. I think:-
    1. The App can be used for editing and entering a site via double (not single) click, but can’t be used to flag a favourite
    2. The Web page can be used for editing and flagging as favourite, but can’t login to a site
    3. The mini-interface can only be used for providing login details once the App has caused the page to display
    One must open one’s account separately via 1 and 2 above.

• Hi @colonsay,

We are planning to do that once we finish most of the core features in 1Password 6 for Windows first, 1Password 6 is undergoing heavy development right now as a young app and there are a lot of changes every month, which would cause a lot of workload on our docs team. Not to mention, confusing/outdated information can cause more pain for our customers than us helping you directly with the accurate information at the time.

We are going to have a new 1Password mini design in 1Password 6 very soon to help with the issue you're seeing here, you will be able to select a category and find the item to fill. In addition, favoriting items is also coming soon.

We'll see if we can explain the difference between the 1Password.com web app and 1Password clients, the web app is limited to its browser tab, it cannot be used to do anything that a native program with browser integrations can do, like filling, clipboard clearing, auto-lock timer based on computer inactivity, etc.

This discussion has been closed.