1Password extension for Microsoft Edge [Available now in the Windows Store]

Options

Comments

• Hi @adrian_mos,

When you open Windows Store and go to your Account > My Library, do you see 1Password listed?

What country are you in?

We've made some changes just now, please give it another 2-3 hours and try again, let us know if it does anything for you.

• Alexey Stepanov
    Alexey Stepanov
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you guys, code redeemed, you have made me a happy customer again :)

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome.

Please do share any feedback or issue you've seen with the Microsoft Edge extension.

• adrian_mos
    adrian_mos
    Community Member
    Options

the problem was that I was not logged into the store with the same account I used to redeem the app... I've logged in with the same account and successfully downloaded the extension. Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@adrian_mos: Ah, that makes sense! :) We are glad to hear that you've figured it out. Now when you have the Microsoft Edge extension, please give it a try and let us know how it works. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• acee
    acee
    Community Member
    Options

Just giving the Edge extension a try and tested logging into a few sites, and I'm not sure what I did now, but somehow clicking the 1Password icon in the toolbar isn't popping up 1Password Mini anymore. Haven't tried restarting the browser yet, as I wasn't sure if there was any diagnostic info I should collect for you in its current state?

• Hi @acee,

Thanks for helping us with this.

Unfortunately, there isn't much usable information in that state as it is a sign that one of the processes has crashed. We still see it intermittently but haven't been able to figure where it happens yet as so far, it is based on the sites you visit. The best way to help is to reproduce it; see if it is consistent when you do something specific such as revisiting the last site you were on.

Do you recall which sites you were logging into? Try closing the Edge window, wait a few seconds and reopen it. Check if 1Password mini pops up and if it does, try to repeat the previous tests you did but be sure to log what you did, so we can try it here.

• infinus
    infinus
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't have any luck with quitting and restarting Edge. What did work for me is force quitting 1password from the task tray. Then when I clicked the icon in Edge it restarted 1password and everything worked.

• acee
    acee
    Community Member
    Options

I had to do the same as @infinus. Restarting Edge only didn't work - the 1Password icon in the toolbar was disabled.

That said, the site I had tried to log in at the time I noticed it stopped working was Amazon.ca. Before that I believe I had used 1Password in Edge to log into Google (YouTube.com) and also GreatCanadianRebates.ca. But after restarting a couple times, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet even after trying to log in and out of those three sites.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@infinus: I am glad to hear that you've figured it out. :chuffed: Please do not hesitate to share your feedback with us.

@acee: Am I right to understand that 1Password extension works correctly now? Please let us know. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• IGotThisOne
    IGotThisOne
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I just converted from version 4 to 6, pretty slick. One issue I've found is the Ctrl + backslash () to invoke 1Password to fill doesn't do anything in the Edge browser but works fine on Chrome. I'm using the latest versions of both browsers and most updated windows 10.

UPDATED: Sorry, I din't see the known issues list before I posted

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@IGotThisOne: Yes, this is a known issue. The Edge extension is still in beta and we are working with Microsoft to improve it. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks! :+1:

• Hi @infinus and @acee,

How often do you see this happen?

What about the main 1Password app itself, was it still working fine?

Could you guys send us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see if there were any internal errors that caused it to close down the communication stack between Edge and 1Password extension. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• infinus
    infinus
    Community Member
    Options

I can usually make it happen all the time by simply leaving Edge up, hibernating my machine, then resuming it and attempting to access the 1password database from Edge. Usually the broker fails and is completely unresponsive. I'm not sure that it has something specifically to do with hibernation but this seems to always break it. Even if I've closed Edge and hibernated it tends to not work. My current resolution is that I wrote a little command shell script to clean up all the agile bits/1password/broker processes when I resume my machine if edge is not currently active. This causes a relaunch of all the agile bits stuff when I launch Edge and everything always works then. Later today I can attempt to get diagnostics.

• Thanks for that details, we'll test it and see what's going on. I suspect it has to do with the way Windows suspend the UWP-based processes and it may not be able to wake up fast enough for us. We may have to add extra handling to restart when the system wakes up, like the way you're doing it.

• Hi guys,

I am able to reproduce the issue with the hibernation. For some reason, in addition of 1Password not responding, when you close Edge, it did not terminate the 1Password-Edge processes either. So, restarting Edge would not help at all.

I've filed a bug report and we'll see if we can fix it.

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @MikeT - yep, I've had a similar experience. I also noticed that sometimes when I click the icon, it appears that nothing is happening until I click off it again, at which point the log in screen seems to pop up at a random position on the screen - sometimes quite low on the right hand side. Perhaps it's not always got focus and slips 'behind' the Edge screen...? (Probably a bit of useless info, so please ignore if nobody else has seen this happen.)

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Wilhelm: I've actually noticed that delay a bit myself, but haven't manged to connect it to anything specific as yet so I'm still gathering data. If you notice something that triggers the problem, let us know. :+1:

That it pops up in strange places may well be expected behavior. It pops up at mouse location, so normally that's right on the extension icon, but if you're too fast and move your mouse away before it appears, it can pop up elsewhere. I've actually made the extension do this in other browsers too because I'm a bit of a spazz with my mouse. I'm not a keyboard gal, so my mouse is always flitting all over the place. If you notice that it's popping up in locations where you mouse isn't (and wasn't moments ago), let me know.

Behind the Edge window isn't something I've seen, so that's one to keep an eye on. Again, if you can draw any connections, let us know and we'll keep an eye out for it on our end. :chuffed:

• Wilhelm
    Wilhelm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @bundtkate - will do. I have only noticed this on one of my machines (of 4) - coincidently this was also the one where the icon didn't respond at all after the initial install. I had to de-activate and re-activate the extension to get it working - note, not uninstall. Otherwise no other correlations to other things at this stage - will keep looking. Btw, I'm also using the 'mouse gestures' extension on 3 of my Edge instances and there's been no problems as far as I can see.

• No problem @Wilhelm! The fact that this is isolated to one machine is interesting. If you know of any software or other extension you use on the problematic machine, but not the others, that may be good place to start.

Also, mouse gestures on Edge? I didn't know this was a thing and I miss them from Firefox! If you need my help with anything else, I'll be scouring the Windows Store for a mouse gestures extension of my own. :wink:

• smpettit
    smpettit
    Community Member
    Options

This is possibly the most exciting news I've had in months! We use 1P for Teams in our company so the lack of an extension in Edge has had me suffering with Firefox and Chrome which are totally sluggish and slay my battery on heavy JavaScript sites.

I redeemed the code and installed the Edge extension, seems to be working pretty well so far. It's not as smooth as OS X yet but 1P on Windows has been improved significantly of late.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smpettit: It is still in beta, so please let us know if you bump into any issues. :) Thank you!

• Brischinsky
    Brischinsky
    Community Member
    Options

Does the Edge extension only works with 1Password 6, and not with 4? If so, then this is nothing for me, for I refuse to put my passwords in the cloud.

• @Brischinsky: It is only for 1Password 6. With 1Password 7 in the works and including standalone vaults, we really aren't focusing any development efforts on 1Password 4 right now. :+1:

• jzalesne
    jzalesne
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jzalesne: As mentioned above, it's in beta. Nothing new to announce within the past couple weeks. :)

• Hi @jzalesne,

Thanks for writing in.

We still have some codes left for redeeming the 1Password extension for Edge app in the Windows Store, read my post here on Sept 5th to get access to 1Password.

As for an update, we think we might have a solution for supporting keyboard shortcut for filling and hope to have it implemented in the next update.

• smpettit
    smpettit
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

We don't seem to be able to redeem the code anymore, but other engineers on our team want to take part in the Edge app beta (we're an IT company and we help clients use 1Password for Teams so us testing the Edge app is a good thing!).

Can some more codes be made available?

-Scott

• Niclas Ullbrand
    Niclas Ullbrand
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

I have the same problem quota seems to be full :(

Can you extend this beta to us who is late to the party?

• MikeT
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi guys,

We've reached the limit on the codes but the good news is that we have submitted 1Password extension for Edge to the Windows Store as a public beta release for everyone to use. We're just waiting on Microsoft's final certification phase to finish before that can happen.

There is no ETA but their store says it usually takes up to 24 hours, we've submitted that long ago already, so here's hoping it may be today.

This discussion has been closed.