New version of 1PW Windows not listed on this site?

Options

See FileHippo: http://filehippo.com/download_1password/changelog/

Lists v 1Password 4.6.3.90

I have the latest release:
http://i.imgur.com/63snQW8.png

I checked the beta and release section but I can't seem to find the newest version :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ness_harding7
    ness_harding7
    Community Member
    Options

If you click on Support from the main page, in the upper right corner there is a link to Downloads. Click on that and you should see the link to download the new Windows beta. Hopefully this is what you were looking for!

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I am confused. There's v6 now. I guess they are phasing out the standalone local v4 client for a subscription model.Is V4 being abandoned altogether? I haven't seen any updates to the app in a long time...

Edit: There's been no updates for a long time to the client. It does seem like v4 client has been abandoned.

Why is it every company who get some fame and success has to royally screw it up by making decisions that ultimately screw its customers (evernote, apple, etc)? I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the family sharing deceipt pulled on the customers just 1-2 years ago.

It looks like it's time to start considering another client in the near future. AgileBits, if you're listening -- legions of your LOYAL fan base that stuck with you from the beginning absolutely loathe subscription models.

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    Options

ness_harding7 - FYI there are no more betas of 1PW v4 as far I can tell. Here's the only link available for the V4 version: http://i.imgur.com/gN3y2cG.png

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @mia,

Thank you for reaching out and being 1Password customer for several years! We really appreciate it.

1Password 4.6.1.617 is the latest version of 1Password 4 (released in December last year, as you can see from the official release notes). 1Password 4.6.3.90 file that you can see on FileHippo is a Chrome Extension, not 1Password app. The current version of 1Password extension in Chrome is indeed 4.6.3.90, but we would recommend you to download 1Password extensions and apps from our website only.

As for your second question, 1Password 4 is not abandoned and still receives important security updates. However, our ultimate goal is to bring 1Password 6 for Windows to a feature parity with 1Password 4 and have one modern 1Password app for Windows.

The technology that 1Password 4 was built on is getting long in the tooth, so we are building a new app from scratch. Since 1Password 4 works fine and supports standalone licenses, we decided to focus on our 1Password accounts at first and then build on top of that. I hope for your understanding.

The views on subscription model may differ, but we believe that 1Password accounts is the best way to use 1Password right now. Moreover, they are more secure than a local vault.

I hope this information helps and clarifies the confusion around 1Password 4 and 1Password 6. Thank you for being passionate about our software and sharing your thoughts about it. Please reach out to us anytime with any questions, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.