New Items forms all messed up / now working

Options

Hi, I recently upgraded to 6.3.359d on Windows 10. Now when I try to add "New Items" the forms are all messed up and don't work. For example, groups of fields are under headings with the generic name "section". Other fields say things like "label" for the field name and "new field" for the value. On Logins, when I enter the "Web address", the value suddenly jumps to a new box under the password field and the "web address" field appears empty underneath. It then fails validation with a red stop symbol next to it.

Please help because it's now unusable. Thanks.

Graham.

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Family
Referrer: forum-search:6.3.359d

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gcharters,

I am sorry you bumped into issues with 1Password! Let's try to find out what is going on.

The groups of fields under headings with generic names that you see are Custom fields. They were introduced in 6.2.333:

Custom field support: you can now create and change between text, URL, email, address, date, month/year, One-Time Password, Password, and Phone field types.

You can give unique names to Sections and labels according to your needs. Are we talking about the same thing here? Please let me know. Also:

On Logins, when I enter the "Web address", the value suddenly jumps to a new box under the password field and the "web address" field appears empty underneath. It then fails validation with a red stop symbol next to it.

Could you please share a screenshot of such behaviour? I wasn't able to reproduce it on my side, but we will take a closer look and fix it, if there is something wrong. Thanks!

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gcharters
    gcharters
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Greg, it looks like I was confused by the design. Here's why I thought things were broken in case it's useful feedback for the design:
    - The default generic names made me think maybe there was some styling missing.
    - The red stop sign looked like a validation failure, rather than a way to delete the entry. An 'x' seems to be a more common way to signify delete.
    - You'll see from the screen capture that the URL being edited for the first time appears above the "website" label which confused me.

I hope this feedback helps. I think everything is working as designed, even if the design didn't work for my brain.

Thanks, Graham.

• Hi @gcharters,

Thanks for your feedback and I'll pass it on to our design team. This design is consistent across all of our platforms now and we'll look into something more intuitive in the future.

• You'll see from the screen capture that the URL being edited for the first time appears above the "website" label which confused me.

This is a bug that has been fixed already in the next update coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.