Problems updating to 6.3.359

Options

Every time I sign into my computer, 1Password prompts me to update. Current version is 6.2.333. Version to update to is 6.3.359. When I try to update from the app, it fails. I've tried downloading the version from the website and that doesn't work either. I get an error stating that "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." It is looking for "tmpEF61.msi". I think this is because I recently cleaned up my computer and deleted a number of TMP files and install files. Can someone help me so that I can install this version.
Thanks

Harlan

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @hmsiegel,

Thank you for reaching out and using the latest versions of 1Password! :chuffed:

Could you please try to repeat the steps in this post from Mike and check, if it helps? It should, but please keep us posted about how things progress on your side. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• hmsiegel
    hmsiegel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg. That seemed to do the trick. I had tried searching for a solution before posting but didn't see the solution you linked to. Thanks.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hmsiegel: Great! Thanks for keeping me posted. :)

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help. Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Greg

• scottbarde
    scottbarde
    Community Member
    Options

Updated today and have new problems: It defaults to 1Password when I click on the lock but opens to a new format. Does not show the padlock. Does not allow me to use it effectively at all. What gives?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @scottbarde,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am not sure I follow you here:

It defaults to 1Password when I click on the lock but opens to a new format. Does not show the padlock.

Could you please elaborate on this? Maybe you will be able to attach a screenshot to illustrate the issue. I am sure we will get to the bottom of this together. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

• kellygstevens
    kellygstevens
    Community Member
    Options

I have similar issues. However, the direct download did NOT work. Instead I receive the following error in the Event Log for the installation process:

Product: 1Password 6 -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.

I also get a dialog from the installer with a similar error (sans the error number).

• @kellygstevens this looks like Windows Installer failure, can you please try and uninstall 1Password 6 first, then install it again? Your data will not be affected, it's just software that needs to be updated.

You may also want to try beta version which has a lot of improvements, including new installer that solves many issues we have had with current one. In fact, build 359 is nothing more than older 333 with autoupdater fix to enable new installer. We are waiting for majority of users to receive that fix before we can actually let everyone have latest builds. But if you chose to go to beta directly you will see tomorrow today :)

This discussion has been closed.