1password unable to contact and sync to vault from my work PC but all other devices are fine

Options

I have a family account and shared vault. All devices communicate with 1Password easily, except for my work PC. When I first subscribed and set up the family account, the work PC was fine, now it returns and error that that the vault is unreachable every time I open it, and all changes and new entries are listed as "off line changes" when I'm using that machine. I don't think my workplace is blocking the connection, and I'm able to go to the vault via a browser from that machine. How can I determine if I'm blocked vs. some other connection error.

Unrelated to that problem, but complicating things, I tried to export the off line changes from 1Password on that machine so I could manually add them back to the shared vault using another computer, and that failed miserably. The date from the CSV file were not added to the appropriate fields and I gave up on that work around. Is there a problem with exporting data when using a family version?

1Password Version: 6.6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Family vault
Referrer: forum-search:1password unable to contact vault from PC but works from all other devices

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @dbhoch2,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password! You did the right thing by contacting us, we are here to help.

To get a better idea of what is going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you are using 1Password with your Families account:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post the report here, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

As for the export issue, I am not sure why it didn't work, but we will get to the bottom of this. Thank you very much in advance!

I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.