Feature Request: Clear clipboard and update existing logins

tylex
tylex
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi guys,

I know you are working hard on making the 1Password app better every day, but I really really hope there will be an option to clear the clipboard after a while and update an existing login item instead of creating a new one and deleting the old.

I think the most critical would be to have the clipboard cleared after 45-90 sec, as otherwise you have to remember to copy something else instead to remove e.g. a password from the clipboard if you copied it. This is in my humble opinion a real big security issue. I asked for it months ago and got the answer, that your team knows about the importance. Now about six months later... Still nothing. :(

So please please add this feature as it is really important to me (and probably to many other users too).

The second thing is not as much as important but very frustrating. When I change a password for a site and login with the new password, 1Password asks me if I want to save the password, but gives me no option to update an existing entry. So I have to save a new one and delete the old after that. Being that way it is not easy to advise people to use 1Password, because if they are non tech people this will result in a messy vault...

Hope you have good news about my requests soon.

Thank you very much and keep up the excellent work.

1Password Version: 6.4.375d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Team

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017

Hi @tylex,

Thanks for writing in.

We don't have anything to share at the moment, both are coming in future updates. As for Login updates, we're looking into supporting that very soon as part of the redesign with 1Password mini in 1Password 6.4.

This discussion has been closed.