1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• sectorchan
    sectorchan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I would like to see that in the "private" account aswell :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @sectorchan :)

• robinfried
    robinfried
    Community Member
    Options

a Warrantees category would be a very useful addition.

• SvenS1P
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion on this, @robinfried!

• robinfried
    robinfried
    Community Member
    Options

you are very welcome - and if you’re one of the ipass team then all the moreso :-)

• Ben
    Options

Hey @robinfried

Just to clarify: anyone with the "1Password Team Member" badge to the right of their post, such as Matthew and myself, work here. :)

:+1:

Ben

• robinfried
    robinfried
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to know it. I really like 1password - I was a software developer for 25 years and know that no small effort goes into good design and execution.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words @robinfried :)

• Brizee
    Brizee
    Community Member
    Options

Custom categories would definitely be a nice to have, currently trying out 1Password with intention to migrate at end of trial too. Currently have this information in secure notes in my old password manager but really loving the flexibility of 1password elsewhere. My usage case this time is API keys (access_ley and secret_token) will go the custom field on secure notes approach but it definitely feels like a bit of a workaround so thought I'd +1 this request :smile:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Brizee ,

I can't directly address your feature request, so will offer a different approach. If this data is well structured, and can be exported in a well structured way, it might be converted into a format that provides you with the custom sections / key names you desire. If so, and you're interested in learning more, please start a new thread, and post your request. Provide as much detail as you can. Feel free to ping me with at @MrC in the message so I see quickly.

• slong
    slong
    Community Member
    Options

Upon signing up and logging in after reading Cnet evaluation of various managers, I also looked at how to customize catefories 1st thing. Seems from reading years of this thread, that it is an important feature your users would value. I Really would love to be able to customize categories - it's a shame that the current list is not more relevant to my life. I used my previous manager to track all things important to my life and family, passwords aren't the only thing difficult to remember and I often need these items when I am away from my files like vehicle vin numbers, plates, medical id, insurance policies, account numbers, warranties, etc. Using the generic Note field works- but is not as easy to identify and access when scrolling through a category list.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback as well @slong, I have let the developers know that you would also find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#21

This discussion has been closed.