How do I attach a document to a secure note?

Options

Hi. I coming from the mac world to windows 10. I've created a new Secure Note in 1Password 6 for windows, but I see no way to add an attachment. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I attach a document to a secure note?

Comments

• kallen
    kallen
    Community Member
    Options

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @kallen,

Thanks for writing in. 1Password.com does not support embedding attachments in any items, it uses the Documents category to store the attachments. However, in the macOS version of 1Password, it supports a feature that is not yet available on other platforms, Related Items. What it does is upload your file attachment as a Document item and then adds it as a Related Item to the item you've attached the file to.

Right now, 1Password 6 for Windows does not support adding Related Items or dropping in an attachment as a Related Item just yet, it is something we want to add in a future update.

For now, if you want to add an attachment, go to the New Item > Document and add your file there. If you have multiple files you want to upload at the same time, you can use New Item > Import Files as Documents instead.

• kallen
    kallen
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately that's a deal breaker for me. (I'm actually coming from the Mac Standalone version.) I need to connect related items. For example, when I enter a new piece of software, I like to add the pdf receipt to the record. Or, if I am recording notes on a client session, I like to be able to upload forms they have filled out. It also looks like there is no support for folders (like the stand alone version). That would also be a work around.

I think I'll have to go with the Windows stand alone version. There seems to be a secret URL http://www.agilebits.com/store to get the store to purchase it. (The is no way, it seems, to purchase the stand alone version from your home page - ie. no link to the store). I'm not against SAS, but it has to meet my needs.

Do you think there will be a migration path from version 4 standalone to version 6 subscription at some point (where I would not lose the files attached to a Secure Note)? Or does the standalone version have an end-of-life date? (If I can migrate later to the subscription and not lose data that's fine with me.)

Thanks,

kallen

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Kallen,

We do understand and yes, we do plan to have the full migration support for migrating the standalone vaults with your file attachments included to your 1Password.com account. However, we do not have a timeframe on when you can expect this. We have to finish adding Related Items and a few other things before we can enable such a migration.

We don't use folders anymore, we use tags instead. We are going to implement the folders > tags conversation when migrating the local vaults in a future update.

Or does the standalone version have an end-of-life date?

1Password 6 will replace 1Password 4 later when it has all of the features and local vaults support but 1Password 4 itself will not be getting any more new features, it'll only get security updates as needed from now on. Our focus is on 1Password 6 and 1Password.com at the moment on Windows.

This discussion has been closed.