1PW6 does not open

Options

Hi,
When working on my PC having not used 1PW6 for awhile it will no longer open. I figured it might need to prompt me for the password again, but nope I had to close it and restart it.

This has happened more than once.

Not a serious issue now that I'm familiar with it, but an annoyance.

Larry

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.4.1
OS Version: WIN 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lwmcmahon,

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you switch between monitors? I wonder if it opened to a different monitor that no longer exists.

If yes, then it'll be fixed in the next update that's coming soon.

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

I do have rwo monitors, both always exist. I suppose I could physically detach one of the monitors, but that would be a rare event.

Typicallly, the browser window is on one and other tools like 1pw open on the other.

Larry

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lwmcmahon,

In that case, that may not be the cause. Would you be willing to try 1Password 6.4 betas to see if it is better?

• lwmcmahon
    lwmcmahon
    Community Member
    Options

Sure,

It also seems to mess with my IE browser which keeps asking me to allow 1pw to do something.
    I only use IE to review website updates, but I will look into that someday. Maybe there is an extention prb.

Oddly enuff, today it prompted me for a password after prolonged disuse an then disappeared when I provided it.

Larry

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lwmcmahon,

1Password 6 doesn't support IE and there is no plugin for IE from 1Password 6, only in 1Password 4.

Do you have 1Password 4 installed as well? If you're not using it, I'd recommend uninstalling it for now.

Oddly enuff, today it prompted me for a password after prolonged disuse an then disappeared when I provided it.

My guess is that the 1Password extension is trying to find 1Password but there's an interference between 1Password 4 and 6 Helper/mini companions, thus the delay.

My suggestion is after you uninstall 1Password 4, configure 1Password 6 to start itself when you sign in to Windows. You can find this option in 1Password 6's Settings > Options > General > Start 1Password automatically when I sign in to Windows.

This discussion has been closed.