Windows 10 - Can't edit my vault items in 1Password 6

Options

I just got an email saying I should ensure I was using 1Password 6.3, so I checked and found I was still on version 4 - and when I checked for updates, it said it was up to date(!).

So I downloaded 1Password 6.3 from the link given, unisntalled 1Password 4, and installed the new version.

When I ran it, it was showing two duplicate vaults and duplicate items in the vault (I'm using Dropbox to store the vault). I managed to remove one of the duplicate vaults and the duplicate items went away, but I can't edit anything in the vault or add new items... It seems to fill forms OK.

I don't know how to make the vault editable again - if I click the padlock icon, it makes me enter my password, but the vault stays locked. It isn't usable like this - how do I edit the vault?

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I can't edit my vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlorde: Sorry for the confusion! We sent that email out to 1Password.com users, since the new app is needed for that. It does not support the local vaults you've been syncing with Dropbox though, so you'll need to either move the data to your 1Password.com Account fully take advantage of the new app, or continue using your existing setup with 1Password 4 if you prefer syncing local vaults with Dropbox, as it is not possible to edit those in 1Password 6 at this time.

• dlorde
    dlorde
    Community Member
    Options

OK brenty, thanks for the help.

So I've got to uninstall version 6 and reinstall version 4?

Can I suggest that future email update notifications specify which users the update is intended for and/or which users should not install it?

Even better, maybe you could send them only to the relevant users...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dlorde: Indeed, while we only sent out that email to folks that had signed up for 1Password.com Accounts, you're right that we didn't explicitly say that this update only applied to 1Password.com members. The best thing to do would be to uninstall 1Password 6 and install 1Password 4 instead since it fully support your local vaults. Again, I'm sorry for the hassle. :(

This discussion has been closed.