Feature request - clear clipboard on lock, or after a timeout

Options

I understand 1Password6 for Windows is a work in progress, and I am sure this feature is on somebody's list somewhere. However, I would like to put in my vote to move it up in priority. This seems a very basic feature for a password manager, and a big security hole if someone forgets to manually clear their clipboard. It is also a feature that surely cannot represent a large time investment to implement. It seems like low hanging fruit. I was hopeful that the new 6.4 update that I installed today would include this feature, but am disappointed that it does not seem to. Thanks for your time and consideration.

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @sschanken,

Thanks for writing in.

I also want to see this sooner. It is definitely coming but we don't have a timeframe, we still have a lot of work to do in 1Password 6 and we want to implement everything as fast as we can. We've been making a lot of progress for the program that's only been released since October of last year and we can't wait to show more in 1Password 6.5 that's in beta right now, Watchtower is now available in there.

I'll be sure to pass on your request for the clipboard clearing feature.

This discussion has been closed.