Identities and Credit Cards

Options
FrequentC
FrequentC
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

What would be the reason that only ONE of my THREE stored Credit Cards ever works and none of my Identities ever work?

I've tested them all on the page you have here and get the same results: https://i.agilebits.com/jasper/form_filling_example.html

1Password Version: 6.4.377
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Frequency,

Thanks for writing in.

Were they imported from an older vault? If yes, it might have been one of the old beta template versions. Have you ever used a beta build before?

Can you try creating a new Identity item, copy/paste the data from the older Identity item and see if the newer Identity item works?

• FrequentC
    FrequentC
    Community Member
    Options

I've never imported them.
    You guys had me use a beta build in the past to fix some other bug that made my processor go crazy.
    Making New / Copying seemed to work ... seems like you're aware of the bug, when might a fix be implemented?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FrequentC,

You guys had me use a beta build in the past to fix some other bug that made my processor go crazy.

Was it a beta build of 1Password 4 or 6? This would've been like the first 1-2 versions of 1Password 4 build, back in 2013-4.

Making New / Copying seemed to work ... seems like you're aware of the bug, when might a fix be implemented?

It's not technically a bug, it is more of a compatibility issue, the extension doesn't know how to deal with the older items but we don't modify your data without your intervention first. The best way to fix this is to recreate it manually as it wasn't a widespread issue. We may look into a manual repair tool.

• FrequentC
    FrequentC
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, If by "2013-4" you mean November of 2016

What do you think I call it when a program doesn't function a it should?
    Hint: I do NOT call it "technically not a bug"

But if it's not a bug then what you're saying is the new version of the software is not 100% backwards compatible ... hmmmm ... in that case you should tell people that in the update notifications

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FrequentC,

Sure, If by "2013-4" you mean November of 2016

No, this was never an issue created by 1Password 6. The compatibility issue I was talking about was for the items created back in 1Password 4 in 2013/4, it had that symptoms where it wouldn't fill but if you recreate it, it does.

in that case you should tell people that in the update notifications

1Password 6 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4 at the moment, local vaults are not supported but we do advise folks to keep their local vaults if they plan to migrate to 1Password.com account as certain things are not supported.

If you've never used 1Password 4 before, then we need to investigate it further. Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what it could be. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• FrequentC
    FrequentC
    Community Member
    Options

What an interesting sentence; "1Password 6 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4 at the moment" smh

Have you guys ever thought about hiring someone to come in and fix all of your communication problems?
    Ie - How in the world can 1Password 6 not be an upgrade to 1Password 4?
    Ie - How is it the download page only has an "old version" of 1Password (FYI: that's how the rest of the world sees it)
    Ie - How is a bug not a bug and also not a compatibility issue?
    Ie - While I realize now that you have dynamic content on your pricing page; it does seems as though you only sell 2 flavors of 1Password (?) for either $2.99 or $4.99
    Ie - WTF is 1Password.com? Another product separate from 1Password 4, 1Password 6, Teams, Families, Standard, Pro, Enterprise, Windows, Mac?

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @FrequentC,

We have and we've expanded the marketing/docs team to work on this problem. We're going to start changing things in the near future to make it very clear.

Ie - How in the world can 1Password 6 not be an upgrade to 1Password 4?

It's a new codebase that doesn't have all of the features of the previous version yet, we're rolling it out in stages for 1Password.com members only and want to add the rest for the 1Password 4 customers first before we ship it as an upgrade to 1Password 4. By that, I meant we're not advertising it to all 1Password 4 customers until we have an upgrade available.

There are specific requirements as to how to define a version, so we went with 6 to stick with it, even though it would've been better to go with 1Password for 1Password.com service or something like that.

Ie - How is it the download page only has an "old version" of 1Password (FYI: that's how the rest of the world sees it)

The standalone versions are all at the same site that we've had for a decade, https://agilebits.com/downloads. The idea was that agilebits.com was for all standalone products while 1Password.com would host all 1Password.com compatible products but it didn't work out.

Ie - How is a bug not a bug and also not a compatibility issue?

A bug means a flaw or an error in the software's code itself but a compatibility issue questions the software's support for an external format or data source.

For an example, 1Password 4 is not compatible with Windows XP but it is not a bug, we simply do not support XP.

1Password 6 is not yet compatible with all previous local vault versions, it's not a flaw because it is not what we support yet.

Ie - While I realize now that you have dynamic content on your pricing page; it does seems as though you only sell 2 flavors of 1Password (?) for either $2.99 or $4.99

Correct, two separate plans for the 1Password.com service, 1Password.com Individuals and 1Password.com Families, the main difference is 1Password Families extend to 5 family members where you can securely share data between family members, have more advanced permission support and more features in the future.

There's also 1Password.com Teams for businesses on: https://1password.com/teams/

Ie - WTF is 1Password.com? Another product separate from 1Password 4, 1Password 6, Teams, Families, Standard, Pro, Enterprise, Windows, Mac?

It's a separate data service we provide yes but we're working toward to only marketing 1Password.com service and not mentioning the standalone products itself. 1Password.com comes with all 1Password apps included as part of its subscription service.

Individuals or just 1Password, Families, and Teams are three plans we offer on 1Password.com.

It is only on Windows where we don't have a single Windows app that offers support for both 1Password.com service and local vaults at the same time. 1Password 6 for Mac, iOS, and Android support both due to their flexibility when they went through a rebuilt process a few years ago but we couldn't rebuilt 1Password 4 to support 1Password.com service, thus the birth of a new 1Password 6 codebase starting with only 1Password.com support and add local vaults later to replace 1Password 4 as an upgrade.

• MikeT
    Options

However, with that aside, I'm not saying you don't have a bug. I was trying to find out where your Credit Card / Identity items came from to see if it is a compatibility issue with the older vault format or if it is a bug.

If you haven't used 1Password 4 before, then it is likely a bug that we need to investigate. Can you email us your diagnostics report, so we can see what's going on.

• FrequentC
    FrequentC
    Community Member
    Options

FYI: Your answers make no sense to me because i don't have a clear understanding of these simple questions that SHOULD be all over your website:

What is 1Password 4?

What is 1Password 6?

What is 1Password.com?

You should answer those and post them clearly on your website
    (Then put links to buy and download each version underneath it)

Just sayin

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @FrequentC,

Thanks, we appreciate your suggestions. Would a FAQ like this help at all? https://support.1password.com/why-account/

• FrequentC
    FrequentC
    Community Member
    Options

No, because the information on that page doesn't explain the different versions of the software (v4 vs v6) and has stupid info like this that doesn't make any sense ....

How do I get started with a 1Password membership?

_It’s simple to **migrate **to a 1Password account. Learn how to move your **existing **1Password data to a 1Password account._

You need to explain why someone would even need to do anything so odd ... How can I migrate **my data if I'm only just **starting?! If I'm just **STARTING **how could I have data?! And why would my data for 1Password not already be in 1Password?! Seriously?! It's nonsense

How do I get started with Microsoft Word?

It’s simple to migrate to Microsoft Word. Learn how to move your existing Microsoft Word document to Microsoft Word.

• MikeT
    Options

I see, we'll look into improving that.

We're not going to market 1Password 4 anymore, so we're not going to mention the differences there, it's going to be 1Password.com only from now on.

This discussion has been closed.