Is it any different for Teams on MAC and Windows?[Rich Icons are not yet implemented in 1Password 6]

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I previously had an issue with 1Password on Windows where the Windows OS would not "see" the icons that the MacOS side can see when entering Software Licenses from Windows. How relevant is this observation today?

I will screen capture to illustrate the issue later.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Here are the Icon Views of 1Password 4 and 6 for Windows and 1Password Teams:

Viewing the Icons, irrespective of whether the software is installed, and Mac software won't be in Windows, the Icons are displayed except on 1Password 6 where they are all generic.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thank you for raising this question! I guess you are talking about Rich Icons in 1Password for Mac.

The thing is that 1Password 6 for Windows does not yet have Rich Icons. They were added in one of the first versions of the app, but had some performance and stability issues, so we had to disable them. We're working on resolving those before they are brought back.

I hope it helps. If my answer is off the mark here, please let me know. Thanks! :)

++
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thanks Greg,

I just wonder, having read 1Password's support note about Rich Icons, where are the Rich Icons located if some have them and some don't?

There are some Apps of mine dating over a decade and the developer and/or payment processor have gone bust.

Read it here if you like (The demise of Kagi due to fraud):
    https://tidbits.com/article/16665

• Hey @wkleem, 1Password 6 simply doesn't show these icons, yet but they're not lost.
    We hope to add rich icon support in the near future.

Cheers,

Alex

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Alex. Meanwhile I will just keep with my 1Password 4 and 6 for Windows combo. It isn't perfect but it will have to do, for now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

wkleem: On behalf of Alex you are very welcome! Please stay tuned for updates and reach out to us anytime. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.