browser filling doesn't fill entries but create browser bookmarks in chrome

Options

There is no pattern but i face this feature quite often. Clicking on the 1password browser extension icon to fill the credential entries show it is being click up end us clicking (event) on the STAR icon in the browser address bar a ends us creating a new bookmark. The mouse pointer remains stationary and see only the 1Password icon being clicked in the GUI [but the action is bookmarking]

Is there any fix or someone else facing the same issue as well ? This was the same case ever before the recent major update for 1password for windows

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: 1Password individual
Referrer: forum-search:browser filling doesn't fill entries but create browser bookmarks in chrome

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @naveen_vijay,

Thank you for getting in touch and giving us a chance to help! :+1:

That is quite an unusual issue and I don't think we had it reported before. Could you please specify, are you using any other browser extensions or window managers that could affect the behaviour of 1Password extension?

In the meantime, please try to fill your credentials by pressing Ctrl+\ on your keyboard, instead of clicking on the extension. Let me know if it works correctly. :)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• naveen_vijay
    naveen_vijay
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg - thank you very much for the response. The CTRL + \ works neat but when I click on the 1Password icon in the browser extension to fill the password - 1 in 3 chances somehow it ends up creating a bookmark.

My other browser extensions are pocket, webex and 1Password. let me know if you need any additional info ...

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@naveen_vijay: Thank you for this additional info! I will reach out to our team to discuss what might be the issue here. :+1:

In the meantime, please elaborate:

• Does the issue remain in a different browser?
    • Have you tried to change the position of 1Password extension in Chrome? Does it change its behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.