Issues with FIrefox extension in 6.4

Options

Having problems with the Firefox extension in 6.4.

First, when I search for one of my logins when "Logins" is selected on the left of the extension - eg I type "goog" - I get the result "no items for selected category and search term" - even though I have plenty of "goog" logins saved in 1Password. The same search works just fine if I select "All Items" instead of "Logins." When I do the "goog" search in the Mini search box with "Logins" selected, it finds my google logins, so it's only a problem with the extension.

Second, for many of my logins, when I click on the login name from the search results box in the extension, the website does not open, instead a blank page opens. For some items the site does open. All the logins open from the Firefox extension on Windows version 4, which I still have running on one of my other machines, so I don't think it's a problem with the URL. I had this same problem with 6.3 and had hoped it would be fixed with 6.4, but it's still happening.

Finally, is there still no way to manually save a login from the extension? I was so sure this would be coming in the next release, but I can't find it...

1Password Version: 6.4.377
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Both Cloud and Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jcat: Thanks for reaching out! Manual login saving should be in the next beta so long as there aren't any issues there. I'm also not seeing what you're experiencing with the search in our internal builds, so that appears to be fixed. Just make sure you're not searching vaults when you mean to search All Items, Logins, or some other category.

With regard to the URL issue you're describing, can you provide some more details? For example, you briefly mentioned Firefox, but it seems like that was concerning 1Password 4. When I open 1Password mini from the browser and click a login, it opens the URL in a new tab.

1. Which browser version are you using?
    2. Is it set as your default browser?
    3. Are you clicking or pressing Enter to open the login?
    4. Are you clicking to bring up 1Password mini, or using the keyboard shortcut?
    5. Are you doing this in a new window/tab, or when you've already got a site open?
    6. Just to be sure, you're doing this from 1Password mini in the browser, correct? Or are you using the main 1Password app window, or opening 1Password mini outside of the browser?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW I'm also experiencing the search problem (i.e. no results) if "Logins" is selected instead of "All Items" in the FF extension. Mini does not have the same issue. When the next release (after 6.4.377) comes out I'll verify this has indeed been fixed.

Dave Ings

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ings: That's for letting us know. We'll get this fixed for you. :)

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @brenty

I just upgraded to 6.5.401. The behaviour hasn't changed, but I'm no longer sure this is a bug, versus a design decision.

In mini, clicking on "Logins" shows all logins, as expected, which you can filter by entering search text.

In the FF extension, on a Web page with no login fields, clicking on "Logins" is still empty. See attached screenshot. If I navigate to a Web page with login fields and click on "Logins', the extension is populated with logins matching the domain name, which I can then filter further by entering search text.

So I suppose that might be WAD (is it?) but if so it's a bit jarring because the extension behaviour is so different than mini.

Dave Ings

• Hey @ings,

Thanks for reaching out again. We're very sorry for the confusion.
    Your observation is correct in that it's not necessarily something we consider a bug but it's definitely something we are going to improve.

Presently clicking the 1Password button in a browser with a site loaded, the extension will filter to the present site and will show the message in your screenshot if no login item is saved for the given site.
    If you begin a search on the logins tab of the 1Password extension, it will not show any results until you switch to the All Items tab (press Alt + 1 to switch there).

This is something we'll improve upon in the future.

Cheers,

Alex

• ings
    ings
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @AlexHoffmann

OK thanks. One further note:

Contributing to my end user confusion in this scenario is how some sites switch domains. If I navigate to google.ca "Logins" will show zero entries despite the fact I have eight Google logins. The entries do eventually appear after I click on the Web page login button, because Google drives you to google.com for the login, which (I assume) better matches my login entries in 1Password.

But this is really confusing behaviour because I know that I have eight Google logins, yet there I am staring at google.ca with no entries being displayed in the extension.

Dave Ings

• Hey!

That's a good observation. We don't do this because they're different domains after all.
    You can add https://www.google.ca to the items. That should fix it.

It's the same with Amazon CA and Amazong US.

Please try this and let us know if it helps.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.