1Password 3 still not working with Firefox 6

desertman
desertman
Community Member
edited August 2011 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
I'm using 1Password 3.8.2 on an Intel Mac with OS X 10.6.8 and with Firefox 6.0 with the 1Password 3.8.2b5 extension installed.

1Password is still not working correctly - it does not automatically save new logins (examples: samsclub.com, keen.com, forum.agilebits.com) and it also does not automatically login to websites for which I have saved the login data manually (it only fills in the data and then I have to manually do the actual login). It does, however, work correctly with my "old" entries that were created in the past with working versions of 1Password.

Ok, there are problems. That happens. However, I think it is at least about time that AgileBits acknowledges these problems also on the usual download sites like macupdate.com and download .com.

I also think that it would be not more than appropriate to get here in the forums more frequently updates on this issue. Or could it be that 1Password will never work with Firefox 6? Firefox 6 is not exactly brand new anymore and that this problem is still not fixed and kind of kept quiet about is a bit weird.

Greetings - desertman

Comments

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited August 2011
    In the meantime I was able to automatically save my logins for keen.com and forum.agilebits.com from within Chrome 13 (with extension 3.8.2.31039 installed).

It was not possible to autosave the samsclub.com login from within Chrome. Looks like 1Password 3 is not only having problems with Firefox but with Chrome, too.

The keen.com login works now also (half, just going there and filling in, not doing the actual login automatically as well) from within Firefox. The forum.agilebits.com login does not work - 1Password goes to the page but does not fill in any data.

Greetings - desertman
  • same here. the extension doesnt do anything. No Auto login auggestions. + button doesnt do anything. No auto saving.

running latest firefox 6 and latest snow leopard versions
  • I really liked this software and recommended it to everyone.

Now, it does not work with Firefox 6, although Agile says it does.

Too bad, they had a good thing going but this is going to ruin their reputation.

Just be honest and say it's not working or post a message here so us customers who paid are not ripped off.

W.
  • rimfire
    rimfire
    Community Member
    Hello,

I am not very smart about any of this stuff but I have been using 1password and made it through all the updates until now. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem: the program does not recognize hotmail and when I manually choose that login it opens another login page and does not add the login or password. I checked out other websites and it does recognize and open other logins. I had issues with installing the update and getting the icon back on the toolbar. I liked the previous version also. Keep up the good work.

Beth
  • Hello Beth and welcome to the Forums!

I was able use my hotmail entry to open the correct URL and automatically Fill and Submit my login credentials.

I tested on Firefox 6.0.1 while running Lion, 1Password 3.8.3.BETA-3 and using 1P's Firefox add-on 3.8.3.b1

Please let me know the versions you were running when you experienced this problem. At the very least, you know there is hope!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Triskell
    Triskell
    Community Member
    Hello

I am writing to France.

First of all please kindly excuse me because my English is so poor I am forced to use a translator online and may therefore that my message is not truly intelligible.

I confirm meet many problems with the 1Password version 3 and Firefox 6

1 - automatic registration of logins cannot be
    2 - problems with some sites when I want to enter the login even if I understand the need to use the automatic connection and login system
    3 - Failure on almost all sites to use the function of automatic filling of my credit card data.

This is very regrettable because I found so far your really powerful application and I can only hope that you will put every effort to have everything back in order very quickly.
  • toktokkie
    toktokkie
    Community Member
    @agileCrusader
    Manual input of new logins DOES NOT WORK using Firefox 6 and the most up to date version of 1Password. Clicking the "+" button on the toolbar does exactly NOTHING. Absolutely nothing happens, and it's certainly not possible to change the name (why would i want to do that anyway?) So now, there is no prompt to save new logins, and the extremely tedious option of opening the main 1Password program (clicking the button in the toolbar does not give ANY options to open the main program) and manually entering the data STILL does not work because 1Password does not recognise any login data on pages where the data was manually inputted. The userguide mentions a 1Password Bar - where is this? I only have a button. Whoever wrote the userguide is in cloud cuckoo land because nothing seems to apply to Firefox.
    And several sites (Hotmail especially, noted by other people who've already posted) don't even login correctly with the data that was there before.
    I don't know when we will get this wonderful new Firefox add-on, but at the moment it is absolutely RUBBISH.
  • bushbabywas
    bushbabywas
    Community Member
    Please could the devs also establish a way of regularly and clearly letting users who want to know, when new versions of FF are supported. I really want to switch to FF7, but don't want to do so until the beta extension supports it...
  • F451
    F451
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    toktokkie wrote:

@agileCrusader
    Manual input of new logins DOES NOT WORK using Firefox 6 and the most up to date version of 1Password. Clicking the "+" button on the toolbar does exactly NOTHING.
    This works for me as I just tried it.

Firefox 6.0.2
    Firefox Extension v3.8.3.b1
    1PasswordAgent v3.8.3.BETA-3 (31127)
    1Password v3.8.3.BETA-3 (build 31127)
    Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
  • desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    Hello again,

I updated to Firefox 6.0.2 and 1Password 3.8.3 with the 3.8.3b2 extension.

Things still don't work as they should. For example: When I want to log in to www.samsclub.com 1Password sends me to that page and fills the correct data into the user and password fields but then does not execute the automatic log in. When I then click the log in button manually I still don't get into my account. Instead the page basically just reloads and presents itself again with the filled in user and password fields. Only after then clicking the log in button again I log in into my account.

Greetings - desertman
  • pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Just updated to FF 6.0.1. 1Password ext. disappeared from the browser toolbar. Downloaded the ext. from your site and went through the installation steps. FF extensions screen show 1Password 3.8.2 installed but again there is nothing on the FF toolbar. I've now gone to View and customize toolbar and manually dragged the 1P to the toolbar. Is that the way it's supposed to work? I thought it would automatically install itself as it did in previous versions. I am using the latest 1Password 3.8.3
  • desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    stu wrote:

Could you try the following steps to create a new Login:
    1. Enter your e-mail and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Stu,

This does not help for samsclub.com and also not for keen.com. On both website I had created logins before with 1Password 3.8.x before (which means with the defective version of 1Password). On both websites the login data get filled in and then nothing happens until I click manually onto the login button.

Even worse it is with forum. agilebits.com. This is also a login entry that I had created before with 1Password 3.8.x and now deleted and then created again. When I now choose this entry 1Password just leads me onto the website and then nothing more at all happens - the login splash screen does not come up, the login data does not get filled in, the login does not happen. I have to do the whole thing by hand.

Looks like the defective version of 1Password corrupted something in the database so thoroughly that not even deleting such an entry completely and then recreating it helps.

Old entries (from before 1Password 3.8.x) work, completely new (and manually created) entries also work.

Will I ever be able to create a working samsclub.com or keen.com or forum.agilebits.com entry again or do I have to delete my complete database of entries and start everything from scratch?

Do you guys still believe that 1Password will one day work again with Firefox 6?

I also think (as I wrote in my original post) that it is long overdue that AgileBits at long last mentions these problems on their own download page and on pages like macupdate.com and download.com. I think it is not ok to let people go on getting their databases ruined.

Greetings - desertman
  • desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    edited September 2011
    I just deleted my entry for forum.agilebits.com from the 1Password keychain and re-created it then from within Chrome (and autosave worked for that).

However, it is not possible to use this entry with Firefox 6.0.2, Safari 5.1, or Chrome 13. In all three browsers (with the latest extensions installed) I only get to the Agile forums website but then no login splash screen comes up and no login happens.

It really looks bad and sad for 1Password at the moment ...

Greetings - desertman
  • bswins
    edited September 2011
    desertman wrote:

It really looks bad and sad for 1Password at the moment ...

Hello desertman,

Say it ain't so!

As you can imagine, I use my forum.agilebits.com saved login multiple times every single day. So, I do have some extended experience testing this URL.

Just now, I tested the AgileBits Forum link running 10.7.1, Firefox 6.0.2, Safari 5.1, Chrome 13.0.782.220, 1P 3.8.5 and the current browser extensions for each browser: 3.8.3.b3, as of this writing. If you are running Snow Leopard, please let us know.

With each browser, I was able to launch and login in to the AG Forums using my saved entry. I do not doubt that you experienced the behavior you reported, but please ensure you are running the same versions that I am, and let us know if you are still experiencing the same problems.

If you still have the same issues, to help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can "connect the dots."

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the Forums!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    bswins wrote:

Hello
    Just now, I tested the AgileBits Forum link running 10.7.1, Firefox 6.0.2, Safari 5.1, Chrome 13.0.782.220, 1P 3.8.5 and the current browser extensions for each browser: 3.8.3.b3, as of this writing. If you are running Snow Leopard, please let us know.

Cheers!

Brandt

How does one get the latest beta extensions for FF and Safari? I'm using 1Password 3.8.5 and I have Safari set for auto updates and beta extensions but both browsers are still using 3.8.2.
  • zalamander
    zalamander
    Community Member
    stu wrote:

Just wanted to update this thread to let folks know that 1Password 3.8.3 has now gone 'stable' and is available via 1Password > Check for Updates for everyone, even if you weren't using the previous Beta versions.

The latest Firefox add-on is available to download and install here and this should fix the issues people have been seeing with manual saving. Auto-save is still being worked on as we speak.

We do tend to announce major new updates, Beta and stable, here in the forums and on our Twitter stream and with Firefox 6 the add-ons should be automatically updating too.

I just got 1password and installed it successfully onto safari. I used the beta for the chrome version but I still can't get it installed onto Firefox at all, even the Beta tells me that it doesn't support my version of Firefox, even though I have update to the latest FF for Lion OS.

Can you please advise?
  • stu wrote:

Hi desertman,

I don't have an account at Sams Club, but in a test 1Password was able to save and restore some 'fake' details without any issues, including the form submitting. Could you try the following steps to create a new Login:

1. Enter your e-mail and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

You should then find you have a working Sams Club login within 1Password, you may want to delete your original one after you've confirmed the new one works.

I hope that helps,

That trick works for me with Safari but not Firefox 6. Running Snow Leopard.
    1Password WAS handy. Not so much anymore.

Wish it become again very very soon, please.
  • Triskell
    Triskell
    Community Member
    Hello,

I posted a message on the 4th of September and I don't see any answer to my problems. Sorry if my English is not perfect, but I'm French, thanks for your understanding. My computer environment is :

-Lion 10.7.1
    - Firefox 6.0.2
    - 1PW 3.8.6 beta 4

The automatic recording of login and password on the websites still doesn't work.

I use the saving procedure as advised, but I find it very heavy to fulfill.

More problematic, the automatic filling of credit card payment form doesn't work at all. Nevertheless, this is the context in which the anti-keylogger function is the most useful, as these are the only data that are repeated the same way on any online shopping websites.

This bug brought my credit card datas to be hacked, whereas this had never happened with the former version of 1 PW, that worked fine.

I'm very upset, and would like to know when these bugs will be solved.

Awaiting for your answer, best regards,

Triskell
  • Hi Triskell,

I do apologize, both for the delay in replying to you and for the troubles you are experiencing. We are working very hard on both issues. I hope this post will help explain the situation: #49921

Thanks
    Ben
This discussion has been closed.