Secure Notes issues, especially losing edits

David Spink
David Spink
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The latest Windows beta is still taking a pretty cavalier attitude to secure notes. I've noticed that if I create a note and forget to click Save I'm almost certain to lose it. Specifically if I lock 1Password (or it locks itself), or I close the window completely with a note in edit mode I lose the edits without any warning! It's quite easy to do too because the view and edit layouts are virtually the same.

I've also noticed an issue when I delete an item: if I've restricted the list of items with a search and then I delete one of the search results the list reverts to "all items" but my search term remains in the textbox at the head of the list.

There also still a lot of wasted space in the layout of the main window - especially when viewing notes, and still a lack of word wrap. But I see from your reply to someone else this isn't a priority at present. A "pop out" window for notes would be useful too as I often want to position a note along-side another window that I'm working with.

Cheers,
David

1Password Version: 6.5.396d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro x64 1607
Sync Type: 1Password Integrated Cloud

Comments

• Oleksii
    Oleksii
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! And special thanks for using betas ))
    All your issues seem reasonable to me to be corrected as soon as possible. I will check them tomorrow. However, I can't promise any terms right away as - yes - we have some priorities and need to check them too.
    Anyway I am going to keep you informed here, when I have updated information.

Regards,
    Oleksii
    WinDev team

• Oleksii
    Oleksii
    1Password Alumni

@David Spink
    The word wrapping is available in the latest beta.
    Other issues took place in our development plan.
    Thanks for pointing on them!

• David Spink
    David Spink
    Community Member

Yes, I have the beta with the wrapping - excellent :)

Thanks for checking on this for me!

David

• You're most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.