Confusion on whether I'm signed into 1password account or not

wheelieking
wheelieking
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm a little confused on whether I'm signed into my account or not. In the screenshot, it shows my account based vault is open, but the menu item at the bottom asks me to sign in. I don't know if I'm overthinking it or not, but I would assume that if I can access my vault, that the desktop app would be "signed in". Screenshot attached.

1Password Version: 6.5.398d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Hi @wheelieking,

Thanks for writing in.

If you expand the Sid Wray submenu, you'll see the status of that account and you're signed in.

You can use more than one account or folder vault in 1Password 6, that's why the option is there, to add another one. We're going to scrap the submenu design to move it into Options to match the way macOS does it, a list of accounts and a button to add another account, rather than a generic Sign in to 1Password account button.

If there is a sync issue, 1Password will alert you with a red banner on the app. But generally, the way we've built this is to remove the sync/backup out of the equation, so that you don't have to worry about it.

• wheelieking
    wheelieking
    Community Member

Nice! I see it on hover as well (URL, Account Email and Last Sign in date/time). The BETA is still rocking for me. Thanks!

• You're welcome! I'm glad the beta update is working great for you.

This discussion has been closed.