Windows Store version [new UWP app coming soon]

Options
2»

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the update Brent. I haven't "purchased" anything or maybe I have but not recently! In fact my version of 1Password for Windows Mobile is the Alpha version for Windows Phone 8.1 and prior to that v1.5.0.6!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, if you're stuck on an old OS, then you won't be offered the newer Windows 10 compatible release. To be clear, we don't have plans to backport to older versions, but we're working on a new release that works across all Windows 10 devices.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I had a mind to get one of the few remaining Lumia 950/950XLs out there. It is questionable how long MS will continue to support it when it has divested everything Nokia related already.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, that's a fair point. But on the plus side they won't revoke their ability to run Windows 10 at least. ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Actually, that's not a sure thing. They've already said x30s devices won't get all features of Creators Update, just a smaller update. Only a very small subset of devices will get full Creators Update support, that includes x50s like your 950. Who knows what's going to happen later this year with the next Windows 10 upgrade.

There is a slight possibility that not all UWP apps that target Creators Update will be available on these older devices, even if they're running Windows 10. We don't have anyone with 630/830 to test the impact of the new update but we'll share as soon as we know.

This discussion has been closed.