Is there a way to recover space/performance after deleting records?

Options
55208wcgk
55208wcgk
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi. I'm running 1Password v4.6.1.602 on a MS Surface Book with a Windows 10 Pro O/S. Is there a way to recover space after deleting records - a database compression utility, maybe? I recently deleted several hundred records in the app but they appear not to have been deleted in the ".agilekeychain\data\default" directory. I would like to recover that space on my (local) drive & hopefully improve the performance within the app. Thanks in advance for the help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @55208wcgk,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 4 doesn't use a database, so there's no vacuum or compression method to clean up your folder, that's in 1Password 6 for Windows.

However, we intentionally do not remove your files. When you've deleted and emptied the trash, 1Password will empty them out and leave behind empty shells that we call "tombstones". The reason for this is to prevent the sync services on other sides for thinking the items were not sync'ed, so it would restore the files for you. So, the files should be almost 0kb in size and it does not increase space or harm the performance much, it is empty. After 60 days or so, 1Password will stop importing them on other computers.

If you are not syncing and you really want to compress this, the best way is to export the items to 1PIF and import them into a new vault.

This discussion has been closed.