sync 1password 4 data to 1password 6

Options

i've been running 1password 4. Sept 2016 I tried the beta 1password 6. I imported the data from 1password 4 but have been using 1password 4 on a daily basis. I now want to use 1password 6 but want the data from 1password 4 to sync to 1password 6. Can I sync the data or do I have to reset 1password 6 account and then import the 1password 4 data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync 1password 4 data to 1password 6

Comments

• Hi @rich_fleck,

Have you been doing this all on the same Mac? Both 1Password 4 and 6 should store their data in the same location. I'd be curious to know how you got 1Password 6 to offer to import from 4. If you can elaborate on that, I should be able to get you the best instructions for how to move over to 6 while keeping your most up to date information.

Rick

• rich_fleck
    rich_fleck
    Community Member
    Options

I am on windows 10 not on Mac. When I originally tried the Beta in Sept 2016 as I remember the data was moved. I don't remember if it was something I did or if it was done for me automatically. I think I was not using 1password 6 because I could never get the extension for CHROME to work for 6 so it was just easier to use what was working 1password 4. It appears the data on 1password 4 and 1password 6 are different. What I've added to 1password 4 is not in the 1password 6 data. Hope this helps to make some sense so I can get running on 1password 6.

• Ah... Windows... that explains a lot of what you're saying. Sorry, this thread was created under the Mac section of our forum, so I assumed Mac.

I'm going to move your thread over to the Windows section so that it can get more attention from people who know Windows more than I do.

I think what you're going to want to do though is to simply reset 1Password 6 and start over there. We have instructions on how to do that here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Rick

• rich_fleck
    rich_fleck
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I will try starting over. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @rich_fleck,

I am sorry for the troubles! Please let us know if you have any difficulties with starting over with 1Password 6 on Windows. We are here to help. :chuffed:

Thank you!

++
    Greg

• rich_fleck
    rich_fleck
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to get done what I needed to do. Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rich_fleck: Great news! :+1: Please contact us anytime if you have other questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.