6.5.401 Update Failing [Not a common issue, investigating]

Options
mlmcconnell
mlmcconnell
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I just updated to Windows 10 Creator on my SurfacePro 4. Everytime I try to run the 1Password update to version 6.5.401, the updater crashes and takes the application with it. I've attempted to update with elevated privileges and get the same result.

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Creator
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:update won't install

Comments

• Hi @mlmcconnell,

Thanks for contacting us about this. We'd like to know more about this.
    Can you please do this for us:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password by opening it
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime but it is not always the case. Right-click on the error(s) to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Cheers,

Alex

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

I've got this issue to - just emailed you an event log.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @codeknight,

I don't see any emails yet, did you get an auto-reply from our BitBot and if yes, there's a support ID in there, can you tell us what it is here.

Thanks!

• codeknight
    codeknight
    Community Member
    Options

Yep - spoke to Sergey several times on Friday :) The issue seems to have just resolved itself. After a few attempts, the update worked.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @codeknight,

Great, please do keep us informed if anything changes.

• mlmcconnell
    mlmcconnell
    Community Member
    Options

I just submitted my error log to the address you indicated.

Thank You,
    M. McConnell

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mlmcconnell,

I don't see it yet but I've checked with your forum's email address. Did you get an auto-reply from our BitBot? If yes, it should contain the support ID, please include it here.

• mlmcconnell
    mlmcconnell
    Community Member
    Options

Yes...The support ID is CCH-52256-449

• MikeT
    Options

Great, thanks! I've found it and we'll reply ASAP.

ref: CCH-52256-449

• maarts
    maarts
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem with Windows 10. When I try and update from 6.2.333 to 6.5.401 the application crashes

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hello @maats,

It seems that you have a slightly different issue. We've changed the installer and released 6.3.359 update for everyone to install first before it could update to the new installer in 1Password 6.4. It looks like your 1Password app didn't get that 359 update.

I've found your email on our side and sent you further instructions on how to update 1Password on your PC. Check your inbox. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: JGU-59134-357

This discussion has been closed.