Can't upgrade

Options

On one of my PCs I can't update to 6.5.401. I see the update in Options, it downloads and then 1P closes. But when I open 1P again I'm still on version 6.2.333d. I've tried restaring my PC but no luck.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10 1703
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• johnnyxhuynh
    johnnyxhuynh
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue.

• Hi you two, we're tracking a potential installation issue and would like to ask you to send us some data:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password by opening it
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime but it is not always the case. Right-click on the error(s) to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Thanks!

• Alfred_Blokland
    Alfred_Blokland
    Community Member
    Options

I have I think the same issue,
    i am on current version 6.1.296, then I check for updates,
    then it says: update to 6.5.401.
    when I click it, it says downloading, and then 1password closes, and nothing has happened.

The event viewer you mentioned, I cannot find, I am on a windows 7 computer.

• Alfred_Blokland
    Alfred_Blokland
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Sry, A windows 10 computer, typed to fast :)
    found the event viewer, different name in Dutch.
    Send you the txt file.

• Hi you two!

@mrjamesmoore and @Alfred_Blokland,

Sorry for missing this. You're using a version of 1Password 6 released before we switched installers.
    Here's what you need to do:

1. Uninstall 1Password 6 via the Control Panel and reboot. (Don't use uninstallers, please.)
    2. Go to https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6 and download the latest stable version.
    3. Install it and launch 1Password 6 again.

You should be good to go. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

@johnnyxhuynh Were you attempting to upgrade from an older version of 1Password 6, too?

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member
    Options

That worked thanks

• Alfred_Blokland
    Alfred_Blokland
    Community Member
    Options

worked for me too, after reinstalling I could just log in and it worked again. All passwords were still there. No extra actions (like giving user name and so on) needed.

• That's great news @mrjamesmoore!

Same for you @Alfred_Blokland. The 1Password 6 application is completely separate from your data. When you uninstall the app or update it, the local database it uses remains untouched.

@johnnyxhuynh What about you? Are you up and running again, as well?

• johnnyxhuynh
    johnnyxhuynh
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann Yes, I'm up and running again, after re-installing the latest version. Thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnyxhuynh: That is great news! :+1: On behalf of Alex you are welcome! Please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future, we are always ready to help. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.