Latest Update: Why did you take away the current website filter on the browser plugin?

Options

I just updated today, and noticed that when I visit a website, it's not filtering my login list based on the website anymore, but I have to manually type it in every time I go to a different domain. This is not saving me time.

I saw this mentioned on the release notes for v6.5.400. Why was this decision made? It feels like a step backwards. 99% of the time I want to fill in a login, I go to the website first, then press Ctrl-Alt-\ to fill it in. Rarely do I look for the website I want to go to and have 1PW go there for me. But even if I did, I could click on the All Vaults icon, then search for it.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but it is intuitive to me to have only the relevant passwords for the site I'm on in my browser show up when I activate 1PW. Can you please revert this back? I've been teaching my parents how to use this app, and they loved that feature! I'm worried that adding too many steps will make them not want to use it.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:all logins browser

Comments

• Hey @tralston,

Thanks for writing in with your feedback. We made this change to allow for easier selection of a login item when you're not on the destination site.

There is a better way, though, the default behaviour for 1Password mini:
    If you're already on the site you wish to fill a login on, simply press Ctrl + \ instead of adding Alt. If only one login is saved for a given site, it will immediately fill the login information, if there's more than one login item saved in your 1Password vault, it will present you with a filtered list.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Alex

• tralston
    tralston
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann,
    I'm glad that there's another key combination for this behavior. The Mac version lets you customize both the filtered and unfiltered lists separately in the options. Is it possible to bring that flexibility to Windows too? Maybe too many people where pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del by accident?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely something we'll continue to streamline as we build the app. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.