"1Password for windows has stopped working" a few times lately...

Options
alanhoyle
alanhoyle
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm running Win 10 home. Yesterday, 1Password started giving me the message "1Password for windows has stopped working" whenever I clicked on it (i.e. windows dialog instead of the 1password window) and that resolved by reinstalling. I updated Windows to the new "Creator edition" this morning, and it started doing something similar, except it would give me that message after typing in the master password to unlock. This also resolved after downloading and reinstalling. I'm not sure what my versions of 1P were before the updates, but I'm now at 6.5.401d.

This isn't so much a "help me out" as a "You might be getting some error reports soon" warning for AgileBits, and "try reinstalling" for other users.

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Win 10 home 1703 build 15063.13
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @alanhoyle,

Thanks for reporting this, I'm glad you got it running now. We are seeing a few reports but they're not easily reproduced yet.

Would you mind sending us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what error it had? Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

Done.

• MikeT
    Options

Thanks, we got the email.

ref: HJE-29542-356

This discussion has been closed.