6.5.401 not responding to Bank of America site

Options

I'm having problems with 6.5.401 and Chrome 57.0.2987.133. it doesn't always response certain sites, like to my bank!!! I get no popup screen from 1Password when I press Control \ for Bank of America site. When I go to 1Password icon on Chrome, it shows my Bank of America login info, but it doesn't auto fill or anything like that. The only way that I can try to get into my bank with 1Password is exit Chrome and try again and hope it works. Sometime it works and sometime it doesn't. When my 1Password fails for Bank of America, I can open another tab in Chrome and !Password works fine with GMail and such. Something is going on with 1Password and certain sites, like Bank of America. Please fix it. This is a huge issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

After relaunching Chrome 1Password works again with BofA.

Very strange.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @toobs,

Thank you for reporting this!

This sounds like a strange temporary glitch. I checked how 1Password extension works with Bank of America on my side and it seems to be working for me. Could you please specify, are you able to reproduce this issue now?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg.

There is a bug somewhere. I can still reproduce the problem with B of A's site. I can login all of my other sites except for Bank of America. Here is the tricky part. After I try BofA (1Password is not working) and try other sites by opening new tabs in Chrome (1Password seems to working fine for those sites), I open an new tab and go to BofA and press Control \ 1Password seems to be working fine. It auto fills as usual and I can log in. If I go back to the original tab that I have for BofA, 1Password doesn't work. If I open an new tab again and go to BofA, 1Password doesn't work at all again. I don't know what is the issue with BofA and 1Password.

UPDATE: I just have the same problem, when I try to login to American Express. So, it's starting to happen more with random sites.

HELP!!!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @toobs,

Can you tell me what version of 1Password extension is installed in Chrome?

Also, while you check for 1Password extension version in Chrome, do you have other extensions installed? If yes, try to disable them all by default and restart Chrome, see if 1Password still temporarily stops working.

I've been testing and I cannot reproduce this either like Greg. It sounds like something's blocking 1Password scripts from working but it could also be an anti-malware solution.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member
    Options

I think it's Ad Block blocking 1Password. No issue when I disable ad block.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toobs: The interesting part is that it is blocking 1Password scripts on certain websites only. Have you changed AdBlock's default settings? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.