Importing a csv to a category other than "Login"

Options

It would be really great if I could import a csv file to a category other than "Login." My boss has a bunch of Tax IDs for different partnerships, and he wants to keep that information in 1Password, but he wants them to show up under the Social Security Number category, and I will need to put them all in manually.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@aduggan,

I can probably help you with this. The csv converter, one of the converters in the converter suite, can import into different categories. I can add Social Security support for you. What fields do you have in your CSV?

• aduggan
    aduggan
    Community Member
    Options

That is really kind, MrC! I just have two fields: name and number, both text fields.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@aduggan ,

OK, here's what I'll suggest. Go ahead and download the 1.10 version of the suite in Testing Bits (mentioned in the converter suite thread link above). Follow the steps to get the converter tools ready. I'd like you to do this to be sure you're comfortable with the process. Once you have that done, and are ready to convert, let me know and I'll get you an updated csv converter to do your work.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options

@aduggan ,

FYI: I've just added Social Security support to the 1.10 version. Re-download it and you can start using it. Follow the directions for the converter, and review the CSV section under Exporting from your Password Manager on how to format the data for social security numbers (you need to add a single header row with the proper labels).

• aduggan
    aduggan
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, MrC! I will check it out and let you know how it goes!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aduggan: On behalf of MrC you are very welcome! He is awesome. :chuffed:

Please keep us posted about how things progress on your side. Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• aduggan
    aduggan
    Community Member
    Options

MrC, I got stuck at step 3 with Strawberry Perl. I downloaded the latest 64-bit version in a .zip file format, but at 3b, that path doesn't exist.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@aduggan ,

This would occur if you did not download the Portable version of Strawberry Perl:

This discussion has been closed.