1Password for Windows

Options

I'm using 1Password parallel on IOS, OS x and Windows 10. But I'm only able to update the entries exchanged by the Dropbox with me IOS and OS x devices.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @brauer,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you asking why you can't edit in 1Password 6 for Windows? If yes, 1Password 6 for Windows does not support local vaults or specifically, editing them. 1Password 6 for Windows at the moment supports the 1Password.com memberships only and it can edit there.

For now, your best option is to use 1Password 4 for Windows to edit your data and use Dropbox or switch to 1Password.com service, which includes access to all 1Password apps on all platforms, fast sync/backup integrated experience, cloud storage, ease of sharing data with family members, co-workers, and more you can find out here.

• goli
    goli
    Community Member
    Options

Hey there.

I recently received an update of 1Password for Mac to version 6.7.

The release notes state:

To take this metaphor in a different direction: before you can put that new addition on the house you need to shore up the foundation, reroute the wiring, and finally finish painting that room you’ve been putting off for too long now.

I have no clue what this means in regards to the improvements and fixes noted below that, since they sound pretty regular to me.

But: Is this a hint of trying to getting Mac and Windows versions back in sync in terms of local vaults? That's at least the way I read it. Which made me quite happy when updating my Mac client and right after that disappointed me a little when I searched your site and found out that for Windows 6.5 is still the way to go, with the drawback of not being able to use local valuts.

To be clear on that: I don't expect to be given shiny new features for free. And I'm perfectly aware of the fact that both versions, for Windows (4) and Mac (6) do syncing of local vaults completely different.
    If this means there's some heavy lifting to do until Windows and Mac can handle local storages equally ("before you can put that new addition on the house") which someone needs to pay for (read: "if v7 is just ahead, brings that but will cost extra"), I'm totally fine with getting new licenses for all my devices.

Regards,
    Stephan.

• Hey @goli,

Thanks for writing in!
    I fear that I must disappoint you in this instance. Our Mac developers simply meant that the latest update to 1Password for Mac made changes and improvements under-the-hood of the app to prepare for any shiny/useful/sexy features that may come to the Mac version.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.